Career

JackBrocklehurst

Assistant Pro
www.youtube.com
I know there are some Golf pros on this site so I was wondering what's the best advice to get your foot in the door in the Golf industry?
I really do not care what type of job it is I just can't see myself doing anything else but a Golf career.
Most local clubs don't have any jobs at the moment and I'm not planning on going to Uni for a PGA course. Is there any other way?

Any answers would be great, thanks.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What about the administrative side of golf, or golf travel organisation/events?

Or, considered a role in a Golf publication?

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Management or admin at a club will require either qualifications or experience. What about working your way up?

Bar staff to bar manager then see what opportunities come from that.

hangukgenius

Club Champion
Visit site
I would have a think about what you enjoy doing. Do you enjoy physical work or office work/planning/administration?

Just saying you want to work in the golf industry shouldn't be the basis of your career. You need to find a job that you'd be happy to do for the next however many years and concentrate on that.

For me, I'm in digital marketing because I love the job. If I saw a vacancy for a golf related organisation, I'd jump at the chance but the important thing is the day to day role. Think about a number of years down the line when you might be owning a house or starting a family. Where do you want to get to.

Alternatively, become a pro and then you're set for life if you win a couple of events!