car to take us to the course. (sort of golf question).

mrwoo

Club Champion
Visit site
The lease on my Audi A6 is almost up and I'm not planning to renew as I can use public transport for work.
Mrswoo currently drives a traditional mini which is too small for me and golf. I plan to upgrade her car and use as and when I need.
She wants a second hand Audi TT.

Question, will we get two sets of clubs and a couple of trolleys in said car, or should I get her a focus? Anyone drive one.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
You'll have to excuse Viscount Mr Woo. He's not best placed to comment on style. With some of the gear he wears you'd be less ashamed to be photographed getting out of the back of Susan Boyle.

I too got rid of my A6 and got myself a Mk1 TT (or Titty as the really funny might call them). Bundles of room for two tour bags and trollies in the back with the rear seats folded down.

Take the parcel shelf off and you can get more in there. It's just no good at caryying more than 2 people over 4ft.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I too got rid of my A6 and got myself a Mk1 TT (or Titty as the really funny might call them). Bundles of room for two tour bags and trollies in the back with the rear seats folded down.

Take the parcel shelf off and you can get more in there. It's just no good at caryying more than 2 people over 4ft.

Didn't know that. I often go in my mates TT and it's a squeeze just to get our two normal carry bags in the boot. We have to take the woods out and feed them in seperately as the boot isn't wide enough and there's definitely no room for trolleys. Can't say I've ever noticed it having rear seats either :D Thought it was a 2 seater.

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
BMW Z4, kind of like a TT and similar money..... all BMWs are designed to fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot.

i can vouch for this as is used to own one, great cars imo. :)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't know that. I often go in my mates TT and it's a squeeze just to get our two normal carry bags in the boot. We have to take the woods out and feed them in seperately as the boot isn't wide enough and there's definitely no room for trolleys. Can't say I've ever noticed it having rear seats either :D Thought it was a 2 seater.

He hasn't got the soft top has he?? ;)

They aren't usable seats for anyone over 4ft but they are there. Easy to drop down as the latch is on the back of the seat so you can flick them down when you open the boot.

If I've just got my own clubs then I'll just put one side down and the trolley fits in the boot behind the other seat.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
He hasn't got the soft top has he?? ;)

Actually he has (no point in getting a little racer if you can't have the wind in your hair). I assume the roof has to fold down somewhere, taking up all the space perhaps?

Reminds me why I hate cars. We should all drive vans!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having hair is my problem there!! :D

The soft top is a true two seater, the boot can fit curling tongs and rollers easily enough. ;)

The coupe is a lot bigger and can fit all the scissors, hairsprays and dye aswell. :D

Rookie86

Hacker
Visit site
Go with a Nissan 350z, lovely car and in the boot it has a diagram to show you how to fit your clubs in.

If thats not your cup-o-tea then I second the BMW z4 or maybe an Audi A3 or BMW 1 series, both offer good space. Tbh there are too many nice cars to choose from so good luck

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
Having hair is my problem there!! :D

The soft top is a true two seater, the boot can fit curling tongs and rollers easily enough. ;)

But not one of its own wheels evidently. The spare is a space saver and if two of you have gone away for the weekend with a full boot and get a puncture there's nowhere to put the full size wheel that comes off, won't fit in the space saver's space (in fact I'm not even sure it fits in an empty boot), got no back seats to put it on, so it ends up on the passenger's lap!

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
i use my van as there has been a delay on my hand made japanese car :D plus the Bugatti is off the road for repairs. if i was buying a car i would take my golf bag, driver (not albert i sacked him) and trolley with me. then decide what car to buy.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I used to do just that with my fencing bag back in the day. Since I started driving big estate cars, I have not bothered.

Mrs Mogs car doesn't have a spare wheel at all. Just have to call the RAC and get it relayed home. Won't use the gunk stuff, as it writes the tyre off.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got rid of my E-Class and got myself a Mazda RX8 Kuro (mid life crisis!!).

Just about fits a golf bag in the boot with the woods taken out. Trolley has to go on the back seats though. Not ideal as they are stone-coloured leather.
Bought myself a Powakaddy bag to try keep the seats clean.

Also just got my missus an A-Class, so when she's not using it will probably take that. Plenty of room with the seats folded.