What should I do?

• Buy a lob wedge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Practice with what you've got

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

matchplayers

Visit site
Today I turned up for the 2nd round of a 4Day Open Comp, Tues-Fri,the course was closed due to flooding and further Rain forecast! The decision was taken at 10.30am we arrived at 12.30pm for 1pm tee time. A 1hour journey wasted was bad enough, they did have our phone numbers. (ps the previous week we were sent daily text messages reminding us of tee times, for all 4 days at Tain which proves contact can be made)
I had a good 1st day so I qualified for the next days matchplay. However my playing partner did not, there is only one consolation medal, the Thursday. The Friday is a 3 man team event at £15 only open to 4 day entrants. If I have paid for 4 days golf surely I should receive 4 days golf? Or if I have paid for possibly only 3 days, Tues-Wed & Thur, surely I should get 3 days? What are your views? Should the committee have said

A/. Sorry about the weather but that’s the way it goes!
B/.Offer a discount next time I can return to play
C/.Offer a FREE round next time I can return to play

matchplayers

Visit site
I play at Inverness Golf Club, the reason i'm asking is that in an open before, which was cancelled due to the weather, it was replayed at a later date or for far flung visitors refunds were issued. At lossiemouth just a bounce game we had to come in after 14 holes, constant rain for 12 holes. The captain offered us a free round anytime we wished to come back, all 12 of us. We went back with 16 players and divied up the price of 4 rounds between us. Great day & going back at end of month for 36 Hole open.

DCB

Visit site
Basically you paid to enter an open competition.

Due to adverse weather and an unplayable course the committee altered the playing order of the competition by reducing the qualifying by one round.

So imo it's just a rub of the green really.

It's not like you've payed the normal walk on rate is it. the open comp will have been a nicely priced event anyway.

Move on ;)