I've heard 3 different answers to this question today:

1. Yes, in a low temp wash
2. Yes, in a dishwasher!!!!
3. No.

Over to you, peeps.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dunno. What's it say on the sleeve it came in?

In any case they are cheap enough to use for a month or so then replace with a fresh, shiney new one :D

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dunno but I doubt it would either get very clean or feel the same. I usually discard a white glove as it's filthy rather than worn out so this winter have worn a black one and it's worked a treat. Finally binned it as it was beginning to properly wear out and yet it still looked the same colour as new :)

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I once had the same debate on the 18th as we were finishing.

I prefer them when they have that new feeling, as after a while they get a bit loose. So I took one of these worn but still usable gloves - FJ SciFLex and followed some web advice on how to clean with cold water and a little soap. After allowing it to dry I put it back in the bag to use on my next round.

After about 11 holes the index finger on my left hand was killing me. In short the leather felt thinner than normal and was a tad crispy :) . The elasticity of the glove was gone and it was binned on the 14th tee box.

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
a FJ Weathersoft glove was as good as new after going through the washing machine and tumbledryer after being left in my trouser pocket.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine get slung in a coloured wash and through the drier. They can be a little stiff to start with but wearing them for half an hour before I play and they are fine again.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I've washed mine in the machine, in the sink with fairy, with hand soap at the course, in a puddle... never had a problem. It's just those ones that sit damp and scrumpled in your golf bag and turn into a biscuit that you need to worry about :D