Can You Record Nine Holes for Handicap Easily?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry, I know there's a lot of topics about WHS, but if anything it's too much to read through to find what I want to know. ?

My dad's joined my club and has never been a club member before, so no handicap or anything. We're playing nine holes this afternoon. If he wanted that to count towards his new handicap, what's the easiest way to go about it? Do we just install England Golf on his phone and log it all through there? I've not done a supplementary round (or whatever it's called now) like this since I just rely on comps for my handicap. And we'll only be playing the front nine, but that's still ok isn't it, you can log it as a nine hole round?

Cheers.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
He needs 54 holes recorded which can be made up of 9 or 18 holes blocks.

Just record it on a card and keep it until he has all 54 then sub to HC sec.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He needs 54 holes recorded which can be made up of 9 or 18 holes blocks.

Just record it on a card and keep it until he has all 54 then sub to HC sec.
Ah ok, so you can't add scores with the app until you've done the initial handicap assessment the old fashioned way?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have measured 2 x 9 hole cards / courses withing the main course, that can be used for new handicaps. Any combination of 9 or 18 holes totaling 54 no need to pre registered.Keep cards and hand them all in together signed by a member.

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ah ok, so you can't add scores with the app until you've done the initial handicap assessment the old fashioned way?
Thats whatbI have just been through yes. 54 holes worth of cards handed in.

Then HC set me up with a number and an initial index. With the number I could then set upnon HDID and link it to V1.
Was reasonably straightforward.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The EG app gives you the ability to submit scores for 18 or 9 holes! Make sure you pick the front or back 9 correctly though as they may be measured slightly differently! However, you need another member to ratify the score and they need to have the app too - so for now you might need to pre-declare to the pro shop maybe?

Your old man wont have this ability until his initial HI is calculated.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I know there's a lot of topics about WHS, but if anything it's too much to read through to find what I want to know. ?

My dad's joined my club and has never been a club member before, so no handicap or anything. We're playing nine holes this afternoon. If he wanted that to count towards his new handicap, what's the easiest way to go about it? Do we just install England Golf on his phone and log it all through there? I've not done a supplementary round (or whatever it's called now) like this since I just rely on comps for my handicap. And we'll only be playing the front nine, but that's still ok isn't it, you can log it as a nine hole round?

Cheers.

At our place our system (masterscoreboard) doesn't like 9 holes towards Handicaps. However, If you use the England Golf app then it'll accept the 9 holes all you have to do is be at the club/course (as it relies on GPS) when you begin your round and you need the playing partner to authorize the score afterwards - Which doesn't need you to be in proximity to the course so that bit can be done at home.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am sure they should be submitted after each round and you have to let someone know beforehand that you will be doing a card for handicap purposes.
They don't need to be submitted immediately nor all at the same time.
Guidance G5.2a(1) There is no requirement for players to pre-register prior to playing a round that is used to determine the Initial Handicap.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
At our place our system (masterscoreboard) doesn't like 9 holes towards Handicaps. However, If you use the England Golf app then it'll accept the 9 holes all you have to do is be at the club/course (as it relies on GPS) when you begin your round and you need the playing partner to authorize the score afterwards - Which doesn't need you to be in proximity to the course so that bit can be done at home.

Handicapmaster - the software behind Masterscoreboard - has no problem at all with 9-hole scores for initial handicap. Our expectation is that initial handicap cards are submitted to the Secretary who will feed those into the software and then on to WHS having taken due account of the player's previous playing/handicap history.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Handicapmaster - the software behind Masterscoreboard - has no problem at all with 9-hole scores for initial handicap. Our expectation is that initial handicap cards are submitted to the Secretary who will feed those into the software and then on to WHS having taken due account of the player's previous playing/handicap history.
Just what I've been told by the club when I tried to submit a 9 hole card.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site

That's right, you can't. You use a scorecard, get it signed and hand it in. I've just been through the process (just got handicap the day before courses closed for lockdown 3).

Last edited: