can i have 2 rescue clubs????

neimadc

Visit site
i want to buy 2 new rescue clubs i currently have a benross 22 deg which i hit around 190yds and im verry happy with it but its tired and very battered.
so i was thinking about getting a 17-19deg my thinking is gives me a club to use of the tee where there is danger within driver range but i also need a club that i can use from the fairway to give me a shot at some eagles on par 5s :D
ive also been thinking of getting a 26-28deg to replace my 4-5 iron as i lack confidence with my long irons and my shots can be very erratic and generally lay up which obviously costs me alot of shots

is my thinking sound? can this kind of set up work? i would appreciate your advice or even some other suggestions thanks

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can have as many rescues as you like. They only thing I would say is the 17-19 degree one is very similar in loft to your 5 wood so maybe something about 21/22 degrees and then the 25 or so might be a better spread.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Take a look at YE Yang's bag. He uses quite a few. His irons don't start until 6i. If you lack confidence with the 4i and5i then replacing with a club you have more confidence in is a sensible move

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently swapped out my 3, 4 & 5 irons for Nike's 3, 4 & 5 hybrids. Best move i could have made for myself. I am now finding i do not lay up very much at all and my scores are improving with every round. They go well off the tee too. Took a couple of range sessions and practice rounds to get used to them, but now they are a permanent fixture in my bag.

36Crazyfists

Visit site
Agree with all the comments so far. I have always struggled with my long irons, I have replaced my 3, 4 and 5 with a 1, 3 and 5 hybrid (Nike 1 @ 15degree, and 2 taylormade rescues and 19 and 25 degrees) I have way more confidence with them and get good distance due to the extra weight resulting in a smoother swing.
I even use them off the tee if im having a bad driver day (Which is most days :))

thegogg

Head Pro
www.vlgc.co.uk
I'm currently carrying 3 rescue clubs, 15* 19* and 22* as well as a 4 Iron (lob wedge removed) as I find the 4 Iron much easier to hit off the current tight (burnt) fairways. The rescues do come in to their own when the fairways are lusher or slightly longer and the ball sits up a bit as well as from the semi and rough. Could be just my swing but this make up has been working well for me. I'm also hitting the 15* rescue a mile off the tee at the moment instead of a 3 wood :D

neimadc

Visit site
Re: can i have 2 rescue clubs???? or 3

nice.... thanks for all your suggestions really appreciate it!!!!
im currently recovering from a wrist op so have had a lot of golf meta thinking time.

based on what some of you guys have suggested and what ive been thinking of what i would like to do is change my clubs to something like this
I want to remove my 5 wood benross rescue 4iron & 5iron and replace them with 17-19 deg, 22-25deg and 26-28deg rescue.
this seems to add length without having a 30 yrd gap between clubs but also gives me options.....Right?

SO i have a new question which rescue clubs based on your experience are worth the investment?? what sites are good value for money??

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site

I use two Taylormade ones as I have TM woods. As you use TM woods why not do the same?

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site

im currently recovering from a wrist op so have had a lot of golf meta thinking time.

based on what some of you guys have suggested and what ive been thinking of what i would like to do is change my clubs to something like this
I want to remove my 5 wood benross rescue 4iron & 5iron and replace them with 17-19 deg, 22-25deg and 26-28deg rescue.
this seems to add length without having a 30 yrd gap between clubs but also gives me options.....Right?

SO i have a new question which rescue clubs based on your experience are worth the investment?? what sites are good value for money??

Keep in mind that you will get further distance from your 5 wood than from a simliar loft rescue club, as teh wood has a longer shaft.

I am a hybrid fan ( although I use long irons) and definately support teh idea that each player should put whatever they feel comfortable with in their bag. Forget what the other guy has....

ps Welcome to the Forum

A

Alex1975

Hello and welcome to the forum
!!

I use two and if I could find a 24* I liked I would use 3.

I agree with whoever said 19 & 17 are too close. I have a 21 & 18(a 19 with a fitting tweak).

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use a Cobra Baffler Rail H hybrid, based on what felt good in the trial. At £99, I was happy that I was getting a quality club at a pretty keen price.

But as others have said, try a few and see what looks, feels and performs best for you.

As you've had a wrist injury, the hybrids are a good option as they are more about sweeping the ball off the turf than taking a divot as you would with irons. That should be a less stressful impact on the wrists. Good luck.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site

The Nike Machspeed Hybrids were £100 each last year. I have seen them on sale for £40 each just recently at a Golf Range shop. Noticed a fair few on Fleebay as well for about the same price. Can't go to wrong at that price.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site

AG are selling the older TM Burner rescue for aprox £80 each, they are superb, i use the no. 4 and its as good as the current white headed model

They are good for tee, fairway, rough etc etc

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I have Mizuno 19 and 22 hybrids, they are such versatile clubs from the fairway, rough an even low fliers and chipping.

I am still considering the Mizuno MP63 irons though.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site

You seem to like your Benross hybrid, why not look at their Quads? I've just picked up a 20 and 23 degree from Online/American Golf for £50 each, haven't used them yet except for the range.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I hit my hybrid more like an iron than like my fairway woods, so seemed sensible for me to go with Mizuno. I did consider dropping the 5 wood for another stronger lofted hybrid, but felt the loss of distance would be too great.