Can hit on the range but not on the course?

scottee

Visit site
Hi all, having lessons currently and can hit the ball on the driving range quite well and consistently. As soon as i am on the course I am unable to replicate any of my range work.
Anybody else having this problem or, found a solution.
thanks

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe trying to hard?

If so then loosen up, relax and try to play without a care in the world. Easier said than done when it counts and when there are hazards and trees everywhere I know.

On the range you are totally relaxed and you don't worry about those things.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome along. Why not have a playing lesson and let the pro see what you're doing on the course. Alternatively may I suggest New Golf Thinking. A good way of lessening the pressure of playing but at the end of the day the only way you'll only improve is to get out and play. The range is great for honing technique and working on drills from the lessons but you need to learn how to play

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, having lessons currently and can hit the ball on the driving range quite well and consistently. As soon as i am on the course I am unable to replicate any of my range work.
thanks

do the issues with the shots on the course have mostly similar outcomes in terms of contact at impact?

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
thanks

All of the replies you get here will have good advice but I remember posting a similar thread to this when I first started playing and all I can say the more you play the better it will get... We all strive for consistency and as time goes by you will become more consistent...

I know how frustrating it is and I remember how great I felt after a few good seasions on the range only to wish I had stayed in bed after the 1st on a saturday morning.

It has taken me far too long to get any pre shot routine and way of concentrating when I need too, it still can be an issue but the more the practise I can put money on the better you will play on the course...

Oh and if you can practise on grass then obviously that will help ;-)