Can anyone recommend sunglasses?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, no problem for me. That may be because you are buying poor glasses so the lenses are not that great (that is not a dig by the way, I bought £20 sunglasses for many years until I bit the bullet). Equally, they may just not suit you irrespective of the quality.

I have some Oakley wrap arounds and have no issue with them. I wear them playing golf, driving, walking etc
In fairness I haven't bothered putting a pair of wrap-arounds on for years because of the issue I'm talking about. I just thought it was the curve of the lens that didn't suit my eye so never tried them again. I'm happy with my regular flat shades now anyway, I was just curious that apparently it's only me that has the problem with wrap-arounds. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next time you play with someone who wears Oakley wraparounds ask to borrow them for a couple of holes. You will then know if it is you or the style that doesn't suit.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next time you play with someone who wears Oakley wraparounds ask to borrow them for a couple of holes. You will then know if it is you or the style that doesn't suit.
No one I know is going to have them, lol. But thanks for the suggestion. If I see any in a shop I'll try them on and have a wander around. :p

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No one I know is going to have them, lol. But thanks for the suggestion. If I see any in a shop I'll try them on and have a wander around. :p
Make sure you don't step over the threshold into the outside world though. Those security guards can be feisty and a claim of 'they distort my depth perception so I didn't know I had gone outside' may not wash :LOL:

sunshine

Visit site
Serious question about these wrap-around shades that you all seem to love. Whenever I've tried shades with curved lenses like that I hate them, they distort the ground slightly for me and make it feel like I'm walking downhill all the time. I can't stand them. Does nobody else have that problem?? I always have to buy the 'wayfarer' style shades where the lenses are completely flat.

haha, this is because you are trying cheap sunglasses from TK Maxx or Tesco etc. The curved lens is convex / concave, if you tried a more premium brand you wouldn't have this effect. Next time you are in a sunglasses shop, put the lenses in front of some writing and wave them gently, if the writing moves it's a poor lens.

The premium brands also block harmful UV rays which cheap glasses don't. Like most things in life... you get what you pay for.

I wear wrap around shades almost all the time to play golf to protect my eyes from hay fever.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
haha, this is because you are trying cheap sunglasses from TK Maxx or Tesco etc. The curved lens is convex / concave, if you tried a more premium brand you wouldn't have this effect. Next time you are in a sunglasses shop, put the lenses in front of some writing and wave them gently, if the writing moves it's a poor lens.

The premium brands also block harmful UV rays which cheap glasses don't. Like most things in life... you get what you pay for.

I wear wrap around shades almost all the time to play golf to protect my eyes from hay fever.
Well no, my aversion to wrap-around shades goes back about fifteen years, not just since the last time I went to TK Maxx lol. But I'll remember that next time I'm thinking of getting a new pair.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rayban Wayfarers with red lenses. The red improves the contrast against the green. Got prescription lenses and the quality is excellent.

Must admit I've been considering getting contacts. I like an early tee time and the glasses are prone to steaming.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't believe this hasn't been said already, but have you been to a pro to get fitted for your sunglasses?
Not just a jest as many frame makers have different size frames/ arms etc.
Also Oakley do an Asian fit that is a bit smaller than the EU size.
As for getting fitted ,I would go to an Optician.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to hate wearing sunnies for golf, I always found it a bit weird looking at the ball through the glasses. That was until I tried a pair of Oakleys. Worth every penny.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
D

Deleted Member 1156

Anyone use Oakleys with prescription in them?

Have always used the normal lenses but tempted to try the prescription ones as my eyes start to get a bit worse
A mate at my previous club looked into some (see what I did there :ROFLMAO:) but they were well in excess of £300 more than 10 years ago!

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Oakley glasses. I've just ought a pair of these:

https://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/oakley/flak-draft/steel-oo9364-04/53645

and a set of the darker Prizm golf lenses from RX Sport for when it's very sunny. I also have Oakley Radar EV frames for cycling.

If you don't want Oakley then Rudy Project are also great glasses. I recommend the Rydon frames, which have a golf lens (theirs green rather than the red of Oakley)