Can anyone recommend a......

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
decent 3/fairway wood. I play of 6 and the only wood I carry is my driver. I'm looking for something that will hit fairly easy of the fairway and also something I can fall back on of the tee if the driver isnt working.

I like the look of the Ping G15 but open to suggestions.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you want something you can hit well off the fairway, a smaller head is better.

The shaft is the key component that determines ball flight and shape, so what shape do you currently hit it, and how high and far?

For a better player, Titleist is always a decent option. Good range of shafts and two head shapes D2 and D3 to suit different types of player.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have two 3 woods; a relatively old Taylor Made R5 dual ti which is fabulous and a Nike Dymo which is less sweet but far better off the fairway, with a smaller head and "keel" sole. The TM is a blunder-bus of a club (180cc) and not so good i.m.o.

I'd have thought you'd want something fairly small/low profile, maybe with the best design for fairway use.

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. I had a look at the G15 again today and really like the look of it.

Played in the medal today and although I shot 1 over par, there were 2 or 3 shots where a 3 wood would have been perfect of the tee for safety. I was using a 3 iron instead but it left me miles away from the grees.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Try the Cleveland Launcher DST. I had a swing with one on arecent demo day and they are really sweet. I could hit the ball out of any lie, fluffy grass or bare soil, and the flight was great. It comes in 13, 15, and 17 degree as a3 wood.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try the Mizuno MX700, lot cheaper than Ping or Titleist but a good all-rounder. Found it better off the tee than 909F2 and almost as good off the deck.