Calling all stack & tilt users

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've hit a brick wall with confidence and ability with my traditional golf swing. Shots ain't going where I want them to consistently my swing never feels controlled or consistent and it's getting me down! I've had lessons but it's just not clicking for some reason and I'm getting really cheesed off now so I'm seriously considering the stack & tilt book! I know it's a touchy subject on here but I don't care as long as it helps me become more consistent it's worth a try in my eyes as I know if I become more consistent I'll enjoy the game so much more!
So all you users just a few questions to hopefully ease my mind, can this method actually be learnt from a book? Or would I need to find someone who teaches it? And finally if I take the plunge to the darkside lol are results noticeable relatively quickly with steady practice?
Many thanks from a seriously depressed morecambe hacker

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've hit a brick wall with confidence and ability with my traditional golf swing. Shots ain't going where I want them to consistently my swing never feels controlled or consistent and it's getting me down! I've had lessons but it's just not clicking for some reason and I'm getting really cheesed off now so I'm seriously considering the stack & tilt book! I know it's a touchy subject on here but I don't care as long as it helps me become more consistent it's worth a try in my eyes as I know if I become more consistent I'll enjoy the game so much more!
So all you users just a few questions to hopefully ease my mind, can this method actually be learnt from a book? Or would I need to find someone who teaches it? And finally if I take the plunge to the darkside lol are results noticeable relatively quickly with steady practice?
Many thanks from a seriously depressed morecambe hacker

The book is excellent. Gives you an in depth understanding of what to do, but more importantly, why.

Don't just limit yourself to the book. There are DVDs and Youtube videos by respected s&t instructors. James probably has links to these.

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi Morecambe Hacker.
I know exactly what you are feeling from personal experience!!!
I have only been playing 7 months & had lessons & loads of practice etc.
I played the round from hell before Christmas, I couldn't have hit a barn door with a shovel let alone a golf ball with a club!!!

I thought what the hell has happened to me?
I just didn't play the course again until I sorted out my swing & ball contact, I went down to the practice field day after day & just practised with a PW / 9 iron & a 7 iron until I was hitting decent shots.

I hit groups of 20 balls at a time & concentrated on a good strike & grouping the balls near a target.
It's not easy this time of year with the extra layers of clothes / lack of light / cold / rain & soggy ground, but it worked for me.

Persevere, it will come.
When I went back on the course, I played my best ever round