Callaway X22

bjcool4

Visit site
Hello guys im new to golf, 3 months, and well my irons are very used (from my dad) so i have decided to invest in some used but good Callaway x22 irons, well i have found some at a decent price on ebay but im a bit suspicious because of what i have read about fakes.

Could anybody tell me what to look for because the guy said this about serial numbers(I bought off pga friend of mine.ben lovell can give you his tel #.Apparently serial should be on #8 iron hosel.it may have worn off.or perhaps the irons were a customised order for pro and tour players .callaway can verify whether clubs are genuine. no scam on these irons.)

The guy has 2700 feedback and not a single bad feedback and seems to sell a lot of golf clubs. you advice is much appreciated.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are they B.I.N. or general auction?

Can you give us some help? There are loads of sets on there.

bjcool4

Visit site
They are B.I.N he has also replied with "had a word with ben lovell and they were custom fitted x20's for himself and thats why there is no serial numbers." not sure if them being custom fitted will affect me??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121306032998&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Depends on the specs.
If you need 1/2 inch short and 2°flat but the clubs are 1 inch long and 3°upright then you'll struggle.
The length can be changed easily, the lie on X20,s not so....they're made from one of the hardest substances known to Man.

Check the spec of the clubs, check your spec and as long as they're very similar you should be OK.

Check the shaft flex too. If they've been fitted to a Pro the shafts could be quite sturdy!

Last edited:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a set of Callaway X22's that are going on eBay as soon as I have the time. They are in good nick and include the gap wedge that I bought separately. If interested I'm looking for around £230 and happy to provide as many pics as necessary.