Callaway HX Hot balls

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A pro in a local shop suggested I try these balls. Anyone use them or got any views on them? I have recently switched from Srixon soft feel to Callaway Warbird. I have noticed quite a difference in the distance, with the warbird going quite a way further, but they seem awfully hard around the greens compared to the soft feel and my short gane seems to have suffered. Any suggestions or advice welcome!

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
shared interest here.I use srixon ad333 and recently tried the warbirds,as american golf only sell the new version ad333 now, about £6 dozen dearer and i can't tell the difference . The warbirds sure go better off the driver but the srixon wins hands down if you've got any of the short irons in your hand.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
You and me both redmike.

I played all last sunday with a warbird and enjoyed the putting as well (surprisingly). My srixons are put away now until the spring. Should be playing with a softer ball in colder weather, but there's so little run, I'm sticking with a distance. Can't believe HX hot is going to be softer....soft and long, can only be loo paper!

Dave

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today was a bit ridiculous run-wise there was nothing! Most drives embedded themsleves in their own pitch marks. What tyoe of ball would anyone recommend in this type of weather?

redmike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have been tempted by both srixon ad333 and titleist nxts, might get a sleeve of each and see what i prefer