Callaway Fusion Driver

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone tried out the new Callaway BB Fusion? Supposed to be super forgiving and comes with shorter shaft length.

I am using Razr Fit and fancy a wee change and am willing to sacrifice a little distance for accuracy.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a hit with it while at my lesson the other day.

head was massive compared to my M1. had shiny silver shaft in, no idea what it was, went well enough about the same as mine. though the assistant pro hit it out the range by about 50 yards

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
head size is the same unless you've got the M1 430,
Seems it comes with 45.5" or 44.5", you could always cut down your shaft and save £350

Not strictly true - the volume is the same but it's much bigger to look down on from the top i.e. much more stretched back than the M1.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If your shots all landed close together or if you were spraying them all over the shop.
I think the driver is being sold on it being forgiving on off Centre hits etc....

if my shots all handed together i wouldn't be taking lessons:rofl:

They all went the same distance just a long way apart..lol

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a driver fitting last week and this was by far the best club for me. I am someone who doesn't use a driver currently as I struggle with a really high fade/slice, but am taking on the challenge of learning to hit one this winter. I struggle to get the face back square at impact. I initially tried it with the shorter shaft, but this didn't work for me, so I ended up back with a more standard length. I found it much more forgiving than the m2, and didn't see a loss in distance.

We played around with a few different shafts which would help me get the face back square, but as we didnt have a driver to compare to the fitter found it quite hard so we came up with the conclusion that it would be better to get a club which could be played around with a bit as my swing developed/changed. I came away hitting it pretty consistently, carrying 245 and rolling out to 260-270 ish (from memory), dispersion was much much better than anything I had done before. So overall I was pretty happy. I know we had the head set up to give a slight draw to help with squaring the face. I can't remember the exact spec, but I have a lesson on wednesday so I will be able to check

Looks wise, I think it is a pretty good looking club, as someone who works with carbon fibre everyday it was nice to see that the weave in the club head was neat and the way they have faded it in is rather smart too.

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a driver fitting last week and this was by far the best club for me. I am someone who doesn't use a driver currently as I struggle with a really high fade/slice, but am taking on the challenge of learning to hit one this winter. I struggle to get the face back square at impact. I initially tried it with the shorter shaft, but this didn't work for me, so I ended up back with a more standard length. I found it much more forgiving than the m2, and didn't see a loss in distance.

We played around with a few different shafts which would help me get the face back square, but as we didnt have a driver to compare to the fitter found it quite hard so we came up with the conclusion that it would be better to get a club which could be played around with a bit as my swing developed/changed. I came away hitting it pretty consistently, carrying 245 and rolling out to 260-270 ish (from memory), dispersion was much much better than anything I had done before. So overall I was pretty happy. I know we had the head set up to give a slight draw to help with squaring the face. I can't remember the exact spec, but I have a lesson on wednesday so I will be able to check

Looks wise, I think it is a pretty good looking club, as someone who works with carbon fibre everyday it was nice to see that the weave in the club head was neat and the way they have faded it in is rather smart too.

Thank you for the information. My driving is normally pretty good but its still the club that puts me into trouble more than any other.
My course is quite penal and if you miss a fairway, even by a small margin you generally end up in trees or very heavy rough.
I like what ive heard about the BB Fusion and plan to try it out at the weekend. I plan to compare the data to mine and i will see ball flight etc.
My usual shot is a slight draw but can at tims hit a push fade if contact is near the heel. It would be nice if that type of shot held a straighter line for me!!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank you for the information. My driving is normally pretty good but its still the club that puts me into trouble more than any other.
My course is quite penal and if you miss a fairway, even by a small margin you generally end up in trees or very heavy rough.
I like what ive heard about the BB Fusion and plan to try it out at the weekend. I plan to compare the data to mine and i will see ball flight etc.
My usual shot is a slight draw but can at tims hit a push fade if contact is near the heel. It would be nice if that type of shot held a straighter line for me!!

From what the pro/fitter told me, and from what I saw as a result of my swings off centre hits weren't coming out that bad due to the placement of the weight in the club. I could spurt out the blurb, but I am sure you have read it and if you are going to try it out you will hear it from someone at the time too so Ill save you the time of reading it here. My swing isn't very consistent and I was coming out with consistent results so that showed me the tech in the club was working as it was designed, and like I said it was going the same distance as the m2 with improved dispersion

And29

Head Pro
Visit site

I'm just not convinced, but will give it a try.

If i grip down on my R15 i tend to hit it down the middle!

Well i did at the PGA National last week

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From what the pro/fitter told me, and from what I saw as a result of my swings off centre hits weren't coming out that bad due to the placement of the weight in the club. I could spurt out the blurb, but I am sure you have read it and if you are going to try it out you will hear it from someone at the time too so Ill save you the time of reading it here. My swing isn't very consistent and I was coming out with consistent results so that showed me the tech in the club was working as it was designed, and like I said it was going the same distance as the m2 with improved dispersion

Sounds promising.
I am booked in Friday evening so will update later that night - good or bad.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there still any love knocking around for this driver?

Had a go at Ag on their sim. Seemed to go well enough, not longer than anything else, but on the dozen or so shots I had it went pretty consistent. The biggest thing for me was the feel, as soon as I hit I knew where it was going.

For someone who doesn't do feel, it was an eye opener.

50g stiff kurokage shaft if anybody has one gathering dust...