Callaway FT-IZ driver

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not got one in the bag at the moment. But I have hit one at a Callaway Demo day and I have to be honest it was the best driver I have ever had the pleasure to hit but there is a downside which is the price £280 minimum from Pro shops slightly cheaper online but not much. But a cracking club

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My verdict drawboy is i hated the normal model as it was so offset, but absolutely LOVED the ft-iz tour. The tour model is by far the best driver i have ever hit, flew high and long.

D

Deleted member 3432

I got the tour model a few weeks ago, its an excellent club.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am looking to try one of these when the price comes down a bit. Having had an FT-5 and and FT-9 I with each being an improvement on the last I am looking to see if this is another step forward.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that Callaway have left this driver with a 45" shaft?

I only ask, because it seems to me that the manufacturers are going all out to make drivers that hit the ball further but are left with only one party-trick and that is to make the damn things longer. :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that Callaway have left this driver with a 45" shaft?

I only ask, because it seems to me that the manufacturers are going all out to make drivers that hit the ball further but are left with only one party-trick and that is to make the damn things longer. :D

I think that you are right, Callaway have not gone down the longer shaft route on the FT-5 and FT-9 and I think that this is why they suit me. My pro always advised not to go down the longer shaft route as any distance gained would be wasted as the chances of spraying the ball all over the shop was far greater.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought one and used it tonight.. it is a strange creature indeed. Virtually no feedback from the face, you do not know if you hit a good one or not, it's like smacking a sponge. I would say it feels 10-15 yrds shorter than my Ping G10 but when I got to the ball it was as far as I normally hit it :D I was however in play a lot more so I dunno, as I said a very strange creature indeed.
P.S. As for the shaft it feels a lot shorter than the Ping. Cannot weigh it up at the moment.

D

Deleted member 3432

The feeling I get with mine is that the ball stays in contact with the clubface for quite a long time. I certainly know when I have found the middle, its not like a sponge.

I replaced a G10 and I didn't like how that felt, very hard off the face. Distance wise if you are getting fit properly for drivers you can't expect a huge jump in distance (assuming proper fit for previous driver). More balls in play sounds good to me.

Agree that it feels like a short shaft which I like. This could be down to the head shape which looks huge to me and a little different.

I like mine :)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a lovely club this is. I have played my first competitive round with it and well it played it's ass off. Missed 1 fairway all day and long (well for me anyway) I'm smitten.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'm on the FT-IQ and had no plans to change as it's the best driver I've ever used... however, you guys are tempting me to give the FT-IZ a bash!

What shaft does it come with as standard? Is it the Fubuki or have they aligned themselves with someone else now?