Caley Golf clubs - anyone tried them?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Came across them on Facebook, look decent and good value.

Am thinking of getting a new putter for xmas and am tempted by their mallet.

Anyone tried these guys? If so, any thoughts on quality and customer service?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think Peter finch went round Carnoustie with them as well and was pretty impressed. Not sure if he used the putter though.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only issue for me would be lack of custom fitting, but I guess that's why the price is so low.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look like a very clean traditional iron, and an attractive price point, probably less than half the big name kit. Not much info on shaft brand, might be TT DG, which is a recognised name but cheap as chips.

Bigmezza77

Visit site
I think Peter finch went round Carnoustie with them as well and was pretty impressed. Not sure if he used the putter though.
I've been using these for 12 months and had to have the length adjusted and put some bigger grips on them but have been really good especially for the money. I Brough the pre owned irons from caley for £179 and all apart from one was brand new still in the plastic on the heads. Will. Probably get some new one when I get abit better but for the price they have been great. They have some new ones coming in April and they look amazing and have more fitting options aswell.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apologies for bringing up such an old thread however a few interesting threads appearing on Reddit and a few other forums. It appears that Caley have been a little naughty and have been marketing their clubs with technology that actually isn’t there. Seems to be the risk you take when buying DTC clubs where some of these brands are essentially buying out of factories in China without knowing exactly what they’re getting and just rebranding them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apologies for bringing up such an old thread however a few interesting threads appearing on Reddit and a few other forums. It appears that Caley have been a little naughty and have been marketing their clubs with technology that actually isn’t there. Seems to be the risk you take when buying DTC clubs where some of these brands are essentially buying out of factories in China without knowing exactly what they’re getting and just rebranding them.
I just searched for this and it appears the post has been deleted. Got any other source for it?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I just searched for this and it appears the post has been deleted. Got any other source for it?

Interesting, I’ve just seen the same thing on Reddit although this is the thread which is essentially the same….

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting, I’ve just seen the same thing on Reddit although this is the thread which is essentially the same….

How strange. What possesses someone to cut one of their irons in half?? Something must have aroused suspicion before that!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Caley, is it too late to say they’re sorry? 😬

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Makes you wonder about the whole R & D thing doesn't it?
Sounds like they are being made cheaply en mass in the far east, imported & sold without any real R & D
With most recognised brand iron sets now retailing at over £1000, this is going to be a growing trend.
I've just bought a used set of irons (like new condition) for half that price.
Which is I think the safest route to go as long as they can be guaranteed to not be counterfeit, which unfortunately is another growing problem.

D

Deleted member 29109

Caley irons will be the same ones most of the DTC brands are selling. They just buy them with a different name stamped on them.

They are cheap for a reason

JonITFC

Visit site
It's actually quite worrying that they've suddenly backtracked on it and are apparently deleting all comments mentioning the foam. I almost went for a set, glad I didn't and ended up with a previous gen set of P7MC's for £170 more!