Cairngorm Golf

jp15g08

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi
Im off on a wee break to Aviemore in a couple weeks. As the S.O wants to go horse riding I get to play a round of golf. I had my eye on Speyvalley golf course but have seen that Kingussie gc has some great reviews along with Granton on spey gc. .
Can anyone of the Scottish contingent or who has visited the area help with recommendations?
Cheers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hi
Im off on a wee break to Aviemore in a couple weeks. As the S.O wants to go horse riding I get to play a round of golf. I had my eye on Speyvalley golf course but have seen that Kingussie gc has some great reviews along with Granton on spey gc. .
Can anyone of the Scottish contingent or who has visited the area help with recommendations?
Cheers.

yep great place to play golf Spey valley, Boat of Garten are my recommendations, my other would be come back in June.

One of the guy i know who's a member at Boat said the course was still under snow yesterday. You have to remember you are next to a Ski resort.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was still snow on the hills when I played The Boat in July last year.

Awesome course and views.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its also worth remembering, pretty much every course up here will still be on a shorter winter course right till the end of March. Which will include some winter greens esp any of the Speyside courses. Such as Newtonmore, Kingussie, BOG, GOS, Carrbridge and NethyBridge.

jp15g08

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yep I totally realise that snow might still be on the ground, as we might try to get out on the slopes for a day. I'm going to check with the clubs a few days before I leave so I know whether to bring my clubs or not.
Again cheers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yep I totally realise that snow might still be on the ground, as we might try to get out on the slopes for a day. I'm going to check with the clubs a few days before I leave so I know whether to bring my clubs or not.
Again cheers.

you are more than welcome to come for a game at Nairn, but it will still be on winter course till the last weekend in March, a 40 drive across the Dava.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spey Valley, Boat of Garten and Grantown-on-Spey would be the 3 courses I would play. They're all excellent and you would enjoy them all, I'm sure. I did.

Last edited:
U

User62651

Agree with general consensus that you're way too early for Speyside/Strathspey golf in mid March, you're not getting value for money with winter greens. I'd say stump up and drive to Castle Stuart near Inverness, they're probably on full greens. Very memorable track too.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agree with general consensus that you're way too early for Speyside/Strathspey golf in mid March, you're not getting value for money with winter greens. I'd say stump up and drive to Castle Stuart near Inverness, they're probably on full greens. Very memorable track too.

Only one problem with that, it doesn't open until 27th March;)