Cadbury Dairy Milk Adverts ?

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think the Dairy Milk ad with the Gorilla at the drums is cool but cannot understand the story behind how they are supposed to promote or get you to buy chocolate, especially the one with the airport vehicles racing each other down the run way
Anyone got any ideas? :D

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
It doesn't matter!

You remembered what the ad was for, didn't you?

Job done from the advertisers point of view. They've made you remember the advert out of the thousands that you get bombarded with every day and also got you to discuss it with your mates. They've psychologically manipulated you like a dancing monkey to tell people about Diary Milk without paying you a penny. That's the real point and purpose of the ads.

Dance, monkey, Dance!! :D

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
you callin me a monkey?
if you are i will climb the trees from craigneuk to waterloo and from newmains to newhouse find out where you are and throw nuts at your window all night :D

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's the most hair I've ever seen on Phil collins, with him in that gorrila suite.

Its the two office workers doing the maltesers advert that gets me & recently saw one of theirs not shown on the telly that was on a dvd I bought... now that was hillarious.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got to be honest - every time I see the Gorilla drumming I just stop and watch. Don't take much notice of ads but being an drummer from years ago I can almost feel what the ape is feeling.

Cue drummer jokes.................

How do you know if the stage is level??
The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth......

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack :eek:

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

You only have to punch the information into the machine once!!

i'm outa here :D

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's nice that the posters on this forum can talk about ''monkeys'' without causing offence. I've read shocking things on Yahoo about Emile Heskey. What they write here on the Spanish forums about Lewis Hamilton would disgust all of you.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Idea of the advert is, its so off topic you say to all your mates, hey whats with the cadburys advert and then you discuss it. Then you have cadburys in your head. Subliminal message with the airport one maybe

'having such a good time' with a cadburys chocolate bar?