Bushnell neo+ GPS watch software problems

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
I played a new course today and my Bushnell neo+ GPS watch was giving some odd readings. Stood on the 1st tee, a 360 yard par 4 it said 420 yards to go, then as I got closer to the green the distance increased. I was stood about 80 yards short but it was showing 520 yards!

This carried on for the next couple of holes until I just turned it off. Other people in the group had their watches working fine (not sure on the makes).

I've tried to download the course to my watch since getting home but the watch isn't being recognised by my laptop. I have downloaded my home course when I got the watch around Nov-13 with no issues at the time.

Does anyone else use the same watch and had problems in the past and have been able to fix them?

I log onto http://bushnell.igolf.com/ go to course search, select the course I want (also tried on other courses with no luck) but on the right of the screen it just says - Please connect your GPS Device using the provided USB Cable to your computer. With an orange bar saying detecting device.

The watch says connected on the screen, but the option to download the course is greyed out.

I've tried uninstalling all the drivers and starting again but always get to the same spot. I'm running Windows XP.

Has anyone experienced similar and found a solution?

Thanks.

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
After writing all of that out I've fixed it!

No software issues, just a dodgy connection, works after giving it a good clean (which I had already done but obviously not well enough).

It's still awful software though.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree with you about the software, not very intuitive. I've got the neo+ hand held device, which I guess has the same software and features as the watch. I've only had one problem, similar to yours where the yardages seemed to be going backwards. Turns out the course had recently been redesigned and holes moved around, and hadn't been re-mapped yet. Other than that then no issues really, simple to use and great battery life (approx 10 rounds).