Budget DAB radio suggestions.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My trusty old FM radio bit the dust today so after a cheap and cheerful dab to replace it.
Doesn't need to be anything fancy as it's going in the shed ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought myself a cheap Lemega CR2+ for the home office as I don’t want to hit my WiFi too much streaming radio while the other half is having conference calls.

Radio works well, but you need your own USB adapter, and it doesn’t switch off off, just off with a still shiny display on standby.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The cheaper one i tried the reception was awful so bought a Roberts one which is better. Worth trying ebay/marketplace/gumtree for a 2nd hand one, must be plenty that havent had much use

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
If you've a smart phone and your wifi reaches I'd be more tempted by a Bluetooth speaker? Download relevant app for station of choice and off you go.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep, but I don't want to use powerlines adaptor s

Well, that's me out of ideas.
I dont know why you don't want to use the powerlines adaptor and it's none of my business but I have an Alexa in my workshop and shed and they are brilliant. No adverts, no news, no waffling presenters, just music

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, that's me out of ideas.
I dont know why you don't want to use the powerlines adaptor and it's none of my business but I have an Alexa in my workshop and shed and they are brilliant. No adverts, no news, no waffling presenters, just music

No reason other than wanting a portable radio ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I needed a nee garage sound system as the old one gave up after 10 years.
Built my own with old car audio parts (ok and a cheap £25 DAB/BT head unit off Amazon.

Couple of old Alpine 6x9s and they still sound (y)

20210505_201102.jpg