Bryson DeChambeau - New Putting Style

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?88016-Side-saddle
Yep i mentioned this a while ago.

Be interesting if he adopts this tomorrow when partnering up with my fav lady golfer Lexi Thompson in the Franklin Templeton

Something similar was used by Sam Snead years ago, but with a different split handed grip and a more crouched over posture. There are claimed to be some advantages to this style, including a binocular view of the hole which gives better depth perception and therefore distance control. I have come across a few Senior golfers who putt this way, usually as a cure for the yips.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Something similar was used by Sam Snead years ago, but with a different split handed grip and a more crouched over posture. There are claimed to be some advantages to this style, including a binocular view of the hole which gives better depth perception and therefore distance control. I have come across a few Senior golfers who putt this way, usually as a cure for the yips.
Did they not ban Snead from putting like that

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are no pictures on a Scorecard - if it works for him (or he thinks it does) that's fine by me.

As long as a stroke is legal that's all that counts for me.

My putting is pretty dire on occasions due to astigmatism and varifocal lenses so I might give it a go next time I'm solo.