BRS - "You do not have permission to book a tee time"

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
Anyone else get this message when they try to book a certain timeslot? (outside of competitions)

I seem to get it for any weekend slot that is outwith competition hours. Strangely i expected to see it when trying to book a competition (as i dont have a handicap yet) but that seems to let me book fine if i wanted to.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
used to get it at Nairn Dunbar when we tried to book a time they had one of their medal comps on. had winter membership so we were not allowed to play in these.

so i imagine its because you don't have a handicap. you should be able to play in comps for handicap, but not bounce games if its a comp. i would speak to the office if you want to play in the comps for handicap

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you have a limit to the number of tee times you can book in any period - both being specific by the club? We have been limited to three bookings in a rolling week - shortly to be relaxed. We could book additional tee times 'on the day' - but only three in advance. No message - just not able to book. We use Intelligent Golf for out tee booking and comp entry.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone else get this message when they try to book a certain timeslot? (outside of competitions)

I seem to get it for any weekend slot that is outwith competition hours. Strangely i expected to see it when trying to book a competition (as i dont have a handicap yet) but that seems to let me book fine if i wanted to.

When we had BRS on weekend competition days you had to phone the office /proshop to get a tee booking and it could only be done on the day, not in advance if you did not want or were not allowed to play in the competition.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had an issue with that message - apparently a glitch with the server caused by the fact we open booking sheets at 7.00 for tee times in two days time and that is one of the HDID peak times and it couldn't cope