Breathable headwear...

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Can anyone recommend some good breatheable headwear? As a baldy I need to keep a hat on when it's sunny but wearing a cap makes me sweat badly. Good recommendations for headgear appreciated! ???

MACM85

Visit site
Sounds like a Trucker style cap is what you need for protection but some holes so you're not a sweaty mess!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As someone who has to keep out of direct sunlight to prevent skin damage, I tend to wear a Fedora/Panama style hat. I have one at the moment, which is like a mesh but with a Sun Protection Factor. I don't tend to get too hot in that, as there is enough space between the top of my head and the top of the hat for a bit of air circulation.
If you are looking for a good Sunscreen, after years of trying different types of Sunscreens, I am now using the Ultrasun SPF50 Sports Gel. It's good for sun protection, and being a gel, it doesn't run into your eyes during the round. They also do a scalp protector spray.

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
As someone who has to keep out of direct sunlight to prevent skin damage, I tend to wear a Fedora/Panama style hat. I have one at the moment, which is like a mesh but with a Sun Protection Factor. I don't tend to get too hot in that, as there is enough space between the top of my head and the top of the hat for a bit of air circulation.
If you are looking for a good Sunscreen, after years of trying different types of Sunscreens, I am now using the Ultrasun SPF50 Sports Gel. It's good for sun protection, and being a gel, it doesn't run into your eyes during the round. They also do a scalp protector spray.
Or a floppy brim cricket hat. Richie Richardson was cool!