And Rory in and no mention of Spieth

Attachments

• 099C30A9-C46A-4A85-866C-1ADAACED7228.jpeg
    099C30A9-C46A-4A85-866C-1ADAACED7228.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 66

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Faxon clearly a good putter but this list is just to get media attention.

I like Rory, but it’s clearly a top 9 list and Rory there as he’s the coach. Likewise does he know much about Bobby Jones who won his majors 30 yrs before he was born?

Spieth and Inbee would be there for me, but I’ve seen less players and there will be a bias to recent players. Is it ok for Inbee to be left out, then yes particularly as Lpga don’t publish shots gained stats which would be a helpful comparison. Lpga have some awesome players but it’s easy to forget the strength in depth of pga tour short game and assume it’s all power.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Faxon clearly a good putter but this list is just to get media attention.

I like Rory, but it’s clearly a top 9 list and Rory there as he’s the coach. Likewise does he know much about Bobby Jones who won his majors 30 yrs before he was born?

Spieth and Inbee would be there for me, but I’ve seen less players and there will be a bias to recent players. Is it ok for Inbee to be left out, then yes particularly as Lpga don’t publish shots gained stats which would be a helpful comparison. Lpga have some awesome players but it’s easy to forget the strength in depth of pga tour short game and assume it’s all power.

I’d also add Donald given he got to number one on irons, wedges and putting.

D

Deleted member 1147

No Inbee Park, no Spieth & Donald and Roberts as an other?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What’s the context? Sometimes the answers differ depending on the way the question is asked/answered. And in any case it’s just his opinion. It’s not right or wrong.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That list is simply his own view. Ask anyone and they will have a different list in a different order, it means nothing.

sunshine

Visit site
I actually think Rory is a pretty decent putter (it's his wedge accuracy that let's him down), but obviously not top 10.

I note Langer makes his reserve list. I always thought putting was his achilles heel and he suffered from the yips?

Of current golfers, I have always found Ricky Fowler to be an incredible putter, as well as other obvious names like Spieth and Snedeker.

Not surprised there are no women on the list. It is hard to compare as from what I've seen the LPGA / LET don't set up the greens as tricky as the PGA i.e. tucked pins, firmness, speed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I actually think Rory is a pretty decent putter (it's his wedge accuracy that let's him down), but obviously not top 10.

I note Langer makes his reserve list. I always thought putting was his achilles heel and he suffered from the yips?

Of current golfers, I have always found Ricky Fowler to be an incredible putter, as well as other obvious names like Spieth and Snedeker.

Not surprised there are no women on the list. It is hard to compare as from what I've seen the LPGA / LET don't set up the greens as tricky as the PGA i.e. tucked pins, firmness, speed.
Agree on Fowler, I've always thought he was one of the best putters on tour, if not the best. Maybe not at the moment though, I'm not sure. But when he was on form you'd back him to hole out from almost anywhere.