Bottom 5 courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I cant believe Iford has had so many mentions, I spent many a happy day there during my early golf days! There are so many worse in Dorset. Gets a lot of unecassary bad press due to off course business issues!

Sturminster Marshall, Dudmoor Farm, and Queens Park (been ruined by changes to holes because of local residents and lack of money being spent on it!)

Thought the Hampshire in Andover was a bit of a field too.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cant believe Iford has had so many mentions, I spent many a happy day there during my early golf days! There are so many worse in Dorset. Gets a lot of unecassary bad press due to off course business issues!

Sturminster Marshall, Dudmoor Farm, and Queens Park (been ruined by changes to holes because of local residents and lack of money being spent on it!)

Thought the Hampshire in Andover was a bit of a field too.

What changes have been made? I haven't played there for a while.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently quite a lot of us think Perranporth is great; could this be the first thread about the worst golf courses that spawns a forum meet? :D

It's great value too and only minutes from Newquay for a night out too!

Whilst I thought it was nothing special, Trevose is only 15mins or so away too

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pike Hills York for me. Uninteresting course with greens so bad in early October they were just a lottery.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
poor form slagging off courses. ive only not enjoyed a course once due to boredom. I was on my own in the cold wet mud. I wont pay money to go back. every other time ive been on a golf course ive been having fun.

be it the pitch and putt at buncrana (RIP), or an open qualifying venue, its all golf.

Great post mate....not into slagging off courses neither......yawn...

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Up in the north east, my worst few are Elemore (paid behind the bar for the round, flags about 3 feet high...), Knotty Hill - (every par 4 is a slight dog leg with every hole side by side) and Oak Leaf - just a damn awful course which is poorly maintained.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have 4 that stand out for varying reasons -

Ivinghoe - just plain crap!
Beadlow Manor both courses (when theres more than 1mm rain)
New Malton - eco course needs to go back to using proper chemicals/traditional treatments I'm afraid, the worst greens and fairways I have played on (apols Scienceboy as I know its your old club)
Panshangar - I like the course in general and condition is good for a muni but found too many blind shots and the most PITA marshalls ever, I am not super quick but felt hurried all the time

all the courses on the Irish Craic this year purely cos I was awful :)

G

guest100718

I have 4 that stand out for varying reasons -

Ivinghoe - just plain crap!
Beadlow Manor both courses (when theres more than 1mm rain)
New Malton - eco course needs to go back to using proper chemicals/traditional treatments I'm afraid, the worst greens and fairways I have played on (apols Scienceboy as I know its your old club)
Panshangar - I like the course in general and condition is good for a muni but found too many blind shots and the most PITA marshalls ever, I am not super quick but felt hurried all the time

all the courses on the Irish Craic this year purely cos I was awful :)

Thats must be a new thing at Panshanger, I have had some seriously slow rounds there.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'll throw in Pitlochry - lots of people love it - I absolutely hated it, despite playing OK there.

Pitlochry is quirky, but fun. As is Braid Hills. I enjoyed both of them.

There are far worse courses out there.

Ivinghoe is a good shout, but like some others, I'm not sure a bottom five is fair. As has already been shown, opinions differ. Heck, I bet someone even likes Lydd. (I've not played there, so can't comment).

whaley

Visit site
New Malton. Played a couple of years ago and couldn't tell rough from fairway when stood on the tee. Or from half way down the hole for that matter.

D

Deleted Member 1156

In the UK:
Woburn - Marquess
Woodhall Spa - Hotchkin
Lundin Links
Chart Hills (though I haven't played it since they made some "changes")
Scotscraig

The only one of those I have played is Woodhall Spa, can't see many people having a problem with that being in somebody's top 5. Chart Hills is probably the only course that would cause debate as I've heard it's been in poor condition recently.

hombre_paulo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Playgolf Bournemouth (Iford) is extremely boring and flat, not bad condition but far from interesting. Queens park is much worse, dog walkers everywhere!