Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

User20204

Visit site
You say that him nearly dieing was a stunt,.

I said, it being said that he nearly died was a stunt, I never said him nearly dying was a stunt, two completely different things.

Don't you find it just in the slightest a little bit suspicious that they have just come out with that now ?

If the PM of this country "nearly died" we'd have heard all about it long before now, that is why I believe the now subsequent Lazarus news of the PM nearly dying just all a bit wishy washy, don't you think ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You say that him nearly dieing was a stunt, I challenged that and gave you a BBC article where a couple of nurses who helped him explained how I'll he was but you insist it was a stunt.
He and his partner can name their baby after whoever they wish and naming it after a doctor is a nice touch. It takes a certain kind of cynicism to suggest it was a stunt.

Honest question - I checked the link you provided and can't see any quotes from the nurses, did you post the wrong link?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Honest question - I checked the link you provided and can't see any quotes from the nurses, did you post the wrong link?
That's odd. When I read that link it had the part about Boris and then it went on to a section where the two nurses who looked after him explained their experience.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He was barely credible and then he started waffling about plans for his succession.
Those plans are already in place permanently as with Pope, Queenie, St Johnstone FC manager etc., load of the usual self serving jingoistic nonsense.

A good maxim...

"The stronger the vitriol the weaker the logic."

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Popcorn at the ready. This has potential....

??

giphy.gif

I suspect lockdown is having a bigger impact on people then they realise. ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Popcorn at the ready. This has potential....

??
it does, Tories crying that Boris is getting some, what a supriase....and as Corp Jones would say they don't like up Em, don't do as do do as i say.

and a s for the Scottish Gov being poor at least Nicola can read of a cue card, unlike Boris plus its not so long ago the Tory boys were happt to make personal cooments about her appeance , one rule for a Tory and another for anyone else

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
it does, Tories crying that Boris is getting some, what a supriase....and as Corp Jones would say they don't like up Em, don't do as do do as i say.

and a s for the Scottish Gov being poor at least Nicola can read of a cue card, unlike Boris plus its not so long ago the Tory boys were happt to make personal cooments about her appeance , one rule for a Tory and another for anyone else
This has become too combative and name calling even for me. I cant be drawn into any more on this thread its become like Boris open season. Please get on with it, I'm out.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This has become too combative and name calling even for me. I cant be drawn into any more on this thread its become like Boris open season. please get on with it, I'm out.

funny it didn't stop you during the brexit or GE thread:rolleyes: you were quite happy to be pretty personal and rude and insulting to anyone who didn;t agree with you?

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Paul, I'm not saying that any of this pandemic and its decision making is down to any other party, I'm simply saying that whatever the thread, whatever the discussion there are one or two on here who time after time call out the Conservatives, Boris and Parliament, but their own Government is absolute crap it would just be refreshing if they acknowledged that some times
why you don't??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hmmm. Before the thread was closed I was simply going to observe that the most at risk patients are put onto a ventilator. Our PM was fortunate that his condition was not serious enough for him to be put onto a ventilator. Of course he could have arrested suddenly or taken a very rapid turn for the worse. However given that we now have 28,000 deaths and many families mourning the loss of loved ones - maybe his advisors could just have considered whether or not we actually needed to know more from him and in a particular newspaper about his condition than we already knew - that he was very ill from Covid-19. I wish him well in his recovery.

I will just add that the reason I say this is that if we must all be kept on board the current strategy and accept new ones - as we must - then we all need to be confident that everything the pm says and does is without self or party interest, and that there is no ulterior motive. As he himself said on his return, openness and clarity about all and everything we are asked to do is essential. That is his new beginning for me.

I need to trust. At the moment I am still on-side.

Last edited:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hmmm. Before the thread was closed I was simply going to observe that the most at risk patients are put onto a ventilator. Our PM was fortunate that his condition was not serious enough for him to be put onto a ventilator. Of course he could have arrested suddenly or taken a very rapid turn for the worse. However given that we now have 28,000 deaths and many families mourning the loss of loved ones - maybe his advisors could just have considered whether or not we actually needed to know more from him and in a particular newspaper about his condition than we already knew - that he was very ill from Covid-19. I wish him well in his recovery.

I will just add that the reason I say this is that if we must all be kept on board the current strategy and accept new ones - as we must - then we all need to be confident that everything the pm says and does is without self or party interest, and that there is no ulterior motive. As he himself said on his return, openness and clarity about all and everything we are asked to do is essential. That is his new beginning for me.

I need to trust. At the moment I am still on-side.
So is he on track .. I’ve not seen the news yet

Status
Not open for further replies.