Boring and Exciting Sports

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is a huge difference between watching and playing.

I love to watch boxing but have never taken part.
I've enjoyed playing cricket but can't stand watching it.

I love to watch and play football, I love everything about football but I wouldnt buy a season ticket when I can watch every match at the local social club, have a skinful then a takeaway if I feel like it and still be quids in.

I love to watch rugby but have only played a daft friendly with a bunch of the lads, nothing serious.
American Football.....probably better to play then watch but I still think they are a bunch of pansies compared to rugby players.
Fishing...I've gone fishing in the passed and it is a brilliant getaway from everything but I couldn't make a hobby of it before I hit 50 which is a very long time away.

There are many many more but these are the ones that stand out.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love all sport and will watch anything and everything. I have played a lot of football, rugby and cricket all my life and I understand why people find cricket boring. However, if something doesn't interest you and you are not willing or don't have the inclination to learn to understand it, the obviously any sport or activity that fits into this category will be boring to you...

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apart from the golf I've done a fair bit of skiing in my time which I found exciting. Boring - surprised nobody has mentioned horse racing. Take away betting and how many would bother watching?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That proves why cricket is a joke sport. Bad light stops play. Dear me they've got bloody floodlights on an all.

Golfers play in near pitch black conditions yet these dweebs are away for a pint when it's no even dark for another hour.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rugby union, just pathetic. Way too much time spent faffing around instead of getting on with it.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
That proves why cricket is a joke sport. Bad light stops play. Dear me they've got bloody floodlights on an all.

Golfers play in near pitch black conditions yet these dweebs are away for a pint when it's no even dark for another hour.

I love cricket but the end of play today has shown it up as a complete farce.

D

Deleted member 3432

and don't pro golfers get taken off the course at the faintest whiff of a gentle breeze?

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most exciting sport i ever played is hurling. No sport i played was boring to me, i would not play if i believed it was boring.

best spectator sport again IMO hurling--skill speed and physical intensity.
will watch most sports but i find baseball the most boring.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
No sport i played was boring to me, i would not play if i believed it was boring..
Interesting comment. I had to play certain sports at school, including football, cricket, cross country running, rugby, so no choice in the matter.
Loved the first two, and couldn't stand the last two. Played hockey once by choice, but never again.