BOOM

D

Deleted member 15344

Is anyone really going to watch it?😱😱

Woods fans plus people with a weird curiosity- but once it gets going the lack of action , the cringe trash talk , the fairness of it all plus the absurd money and bets will have people turning off - the hype on social media is in overdrive but a lot of negative stuff about it.

I’d rather watch I’m a celebrity 😂

D

Deleted member 21258

I will watch it, provided its on now tv.

Not a massive woods fan, but as the Fridays quiz night got cancelled I may as well fill my time wisely ;):)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Woods fans plus people with a weird curiosity- but once it gets going the lack of action , the cringe trash talk , the fairness of it all plus the absurd money and bets will have people turning off - the hype on social media is in overdrive but a lot of negative stuff about it.

I’d rather watch I’m a celebrity 😂
I genuinely can’t see the point. Who cares who wins. Two multi millionaires playing for more cash, just donate the money to charity & spare the world this pointless exercise. It’s reminds me a bit of that 20/20 debacle that England got involved in a few years back.

Wolf

Visit site
I am a fan of Woods but I'll not be watching it for all the reasons I've mentioned in the other thread.

If they want all the money to go to charity donate it instead of pampering to the whim of some Vegas High rollers who need yet another reason to gamble..

I'll watch a recording of the LET tournament, World Cup or better still have a late film with the kids

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now its free I’ll watch it

I’m free tomorrow and working nights sat so good thing to watch to get me ready for the night

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Now its on I'll watch. I doubt we'll see a similar event for a long time to come. Of course the money they are playing is obscene and I'd rather the winner simply offered everything to charity and simply took the glory. I don't know how the course will be set up by I doubt it'll be overly testing and no doubt the US TV will be looking for a birdie fest and when both inevitably go off line from the tee they'll be able to produce some TV friendly recovery shots. I'm not fussed who wins although I think it'll be Woods

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I genuinely can’t see the point. Who cares who wins. Two multi millionaires playing for more cash, just donate the money to charity & spare the world this pointless exercise. It’s reminds me a bit of that 20/20 debacle that England got involved in a few years back.
Multi millionaires play for more cash every week 🙄

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'll watch it, the build up imo has looked fun. I think neither are taking it too seriously.
At the end of the day, its generated $9m for charity. I simply don't see why there's such negativity towards it.

Lot's of sports have exhibition mtaches and don't get such scorn. Imo, Woods being part of it has polarised it.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'll watch it, the build up imo has looked fun. I think neither are taking it too seriously.
At the end of the day, its generated $9m for charity. I simply don't see why there's such negativity towards it.

Lot's of sports have exhibition mtaches and don't get such scorn. Imo, Woods being part of it has polarised it.

Has it ? The $9mil is the prize fund that’s going to the player -and other sports exhibition match - don’t have such crass money , don’t have it on pay per view ( in the US ) and also allow people into the ground to watch

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Multi millionaires play for more cash every week 🙄
In a sporting contest, where there is an interest in the winning or losing, where emotion is invested and is perhaps part of a bigger picture. This doesn’t qualify as that on any level.
Interesting that it’s no longer PPV exclusively ?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s funny how many that WONT be watching love to talk about it 🤷‍♂️.
Why don’t you ever post an opinion rather than critiquing other posters? Tell us what you think? I’ve no issue with anyone watching it, I just don’t understand why? I like Phil & respect tiger but this is just a testimonial

Pin-seeker

Visit site
In a sporting contest, where there is an interest in the winning or losing, where emotion is invested and is perhaps part of a bigger picture. This doesn’t qualify as that on any level.
Interesting that it’s no longer PPV exclusively ?
Aaaawwww I’m sorry Rod,I thought you was having a pop at multi millionaires chasing more money 🤔

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Why don’t you ever post an opinion rather than critiquing other? Tell us what you think? I’ve no issue with anyone watching it, I just don’t understand why? I like Phil & respect tiger but this is just a testimonial
Testimonial is a good take although do they really need/deserve one? Plenty of others have had long illustrious golfing careers and not had such a pay day. As a one off I can see the appeal but I'd hate to see this become a regular occurence although I think the US market will tap into this and we'll see other similar events

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why don’t you ever post an opinion rather than critiquing other posters? Tell us what you think? I’ve no issue with anyone watching it, I just don’t understand why? I like Phil & respect tiger but this is just a testimonial
You got a LIKE 😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Has it ? The $9mil is the prize fund that’s going to the player -and other sports exhibition match - don’t have such crass money , don’t have it on pay per view ( in the US ) and also allow people into the ground to watch

Both of them have stated that the winnings will go to charity. All side bets included. So the CRASS money is a good thing.