Book: The Grand Slam

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It is with a touch of sadness I finished this book tonight. I was really enjoying it, and although the outcome was always known it was a joy to read.

It is the story of Bobby Jones telling of his career leading up to his final season which was the Grand Slam year and also what happened in his life after he gave up Competition.

I also really enjoyed the authors (Mark Frost) first book "The Greatest Game Ever Played". His research seems to capture the mood of golf at that time and how many of the great players of that era were and proud to be amateur - The prize was more sought after than the £££.

For anyone who likes to look back at the history of the game you will do no wrong in picking up any of Mark Frost's books. I'm told his other book "The Match" is every bit as good. I can't wait to get into it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have read the greatest game ever played, and also the grand slam. The books/style are a bit 'samey', but a good read non the less. Gives an insight into how good these guys were in an age of hickory shafts, poor balls, and shonky greens.