Bogey hole

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you have a bogey hole on your local course where no matter what you do you just can't crack it. At the moment its the par 5 9th hole for. I think I just try and hit it to hard to get on the green in three .

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 9th on the short course, tis a par 3 pw/9 iron for me and i can never hit the green. Is so simple as well but i never hit it. Mostly always save par tho!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
d_t_m.....(isn't that a German car race series?)....I know just what you mean.
I wrote a post about the 5th at my course.....it's an absolute b****r.
I can't sensibly use a driver off the tee because there are trees at 210-240 on the right that cut into the fairway. One of the assistants sliced it off the tee the other day and flew all the trouble....cheeky git! (he hits it 290-ish)
On Saturday, I got to within 70 yards, hit a full wedge 3rd shot (v.v.uphill and into 20 mph wind) to 12 foot and 3 putted for a 6.....only made one 5 (bogey) in every visit out. It's a card wrecker...I was level for 4 until then...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 8th at Rutland Water does it for me. ong uphill par 5 normally played into the wind, couple of large fairway bunkers and and a new, very contoured green with bunker protection. Never reached the green in 3 and my best score has been a 7.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The course I am playing tomorrow in Sheffield has a Par 3 over water (a large fishing pond) to a raised green. I rarely go in the water now, but have never made the green and usually end up on the bank with a high but short wedge to get to the green. Here's to a better tomorrow.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My bogey hole is the 1st, followed by the 2nd and 3rd and so on through to 18. In fact they are all pretty daunting at the moment as I couldn't hot the proverbial barn door with a Pinnacle from 20 yards

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our ninth is a par 4 with a dip between teebox and green,last three recorded cards ive put onto ss3 shows a bogey each time, every other hole has had at least a par. Gotta love the mind games a bit of land can play on you!

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
my bogey hole at the moment seems to be the 18th its not a long hole at 350yds but its uphill and usually into the wind out of bounds down the left its been my approach shot thats let me down.and also our 7th short par 3 but the green is 40 feet below the tee with knee high rough surrounding the green should you miss it.ian mc

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My bogey hole last year was our par 5 16th. It;s an easy par 5 but with water to cross with our drive's. Last season I just couldn't master it. Hopefully I will play it better this year. It very nearly cost me the club championship last year. I took a double on it 2nd round.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have our Amen Corner-the Par 6th and Par 4 7th.
6th 168 off Yellow with water along the right, 7th par 4403 off yellow-OOB on the right, water in front of tee and narrow driving-the 7th has been the hardest hole for 3 of the last 4 recored competitions. The 6th was 3rd hardest 4th hardest and 6th hardest in three of the competitions.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
7th, par 3 over water. Stupid really as I have parred it and it's by no means the only shot over water but I have lost more balls on that hole. It should be a comfortable 5i but the number of times I've spun the ball into the lake with that, the 4h or 5w.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a similar hole at Rutland Water, the 12th. Simple 9 iron over water but the green slopes back into the lake and I lose track of the amount that have landed dry and trickled back into the water.