BMW PGA @ Wentworth

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails promoting ticket sales for it and suspect sales may well be down quite a bit.

Just out of curiosity. Now it's moved to End September who's still going ?

I would have usually pre-ordered my tickets by now, but I haven't as I probably won't go if the weather is bad, so I'm gona wait and see closer to the time. When it was in May weather was likely to be much better so didn't mind pre-booking.

Anyone else usually pre-book and waiting to see instead ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I seem to be getting a lot of e-mails promoting ticket sales for it and suspect sales may well be down quite a bit.

I would have usually pre-ordered my tickets by now, but I haven't as I probably won't go if the weather is bad, so I'm gona wait and see closer to the time. When it was in May weather was likely to be much better so didn't mind pre-booking.

My club is supplying marshalls etc and I'm waiting to see what days I get but I'll definitely be going. Probably wander to the Tuesday practice and Wednesday pro-am and hopefully be marshalling the rest of it

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

Wouldn't average weather in September be comparable with May?!

D

Deleted member 21258

Wonder if they are having bands this year, doesn't appear to be announced as yet.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
We're going. Tues and weds. Have done pro-am & a tournament day (usually friday) in the past but decided on early bird practice & pro-am tickets this year. For £6 for the practice day if the whether's rubbish we just won't go. Might go to a tournament day, but more than likely not. Do love wandering around the course... How I'd love to get to play it!

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wife bought me tickets for Xmas, so a few of us are going

Will try to stay somewhere close and play a round the day before

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Given the new place in the schedule and the fact that it won't clash with any significant other events, I'd be surprised not to see a great field.

I know Rory said he wasn't to bothered about playing too many European events this year, but what else is he going to be doing the whole month of September?

He'll probably get a wee golden goody bag from the sponsors.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a decent number of top Americans playing as well... similar to the Desert events a few weeks ago.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
It's on my doorstep so I suspect I'll be there. It's a shame it's changed as the Sunday night beers and band after the golf was a great way to start a bank holiday!!

4LEX

Visit site
The date change has ruined it all.

It was becoming a great golf and social occasion. Hot weather, good golf, lots of beer and then a quality after party. Lots of totty about too :sneaky: I got a load of non golf mates over last year and it was a quality addition to the best bank holiday weekend. Wentworth, Ascot, Wimbledon and Henley was top drawer. Now it's been destroyed. Wentworth in September will be alright but the crowds will be down massively IMO.

Hope I'm wrong but can't see it being the same. Boring end of year tournament. Just points for the main event in Dubai.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It was becoming a great golf and social occasion. Hot weather, good golf, lots of beer and then a quality after party. Lots of totty about too :sneaky: I got a load of non golf mates over last year and it was a quality addition to the best bank holiday weekend. Wentworth, Ascot, Wimbledon and Henley was top drawer. Now it's been destroyed. Wentworth in September will be alright but the crowds will be down massively IMO.

Hope I'm wrong but can't see it being the same. Boring end of year tournament. Just points for the main event in Dubai.

Kind of how I'm feeling about it. I've been going for about 5-6 years now I think. I'd usually go Sunday and also one other day during the week and the weather has pretty much always been fantastic.

Just wandering round in the sunshine watching a bit of golf. Can't beat it.

Sept doesn't feel like it's going to be quite the same.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Wentworth in September will be alright but the crowds will be down massively IMO.

Disagree. When the world matchplay was held there at that time of the year it use to draw massive crowds and I don't see it making any difference. I don't think the weather will be particularly chilly, the course will look great having been prepared all summer and it'll be a fantastic event. I hope they do announce the live music afterwards as that was always a nice touch to end proceedings

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dunno. Can't see it myself. It'll still be a great even't I just not sure they'll get the same crowds. Which might actually be a good thing for the viewing as it was a PITA following any of the main groups last couple of years. :D

I know quite a few guys who usually book tickets who aren't and are waiting and seeing like me. Whereas before this was a nailed on event and I'd actually make sure the other half didn't book our early summer holiday at the same time.

I'll probably still go at least one day. Temperature wise probably won't be much different. You do get less sun that time of year though.