Blooming "Collectable" Plates!!!!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sad but true, although there will always be one or two valuable things in such house clearances, it's having the expertise to recognise them amongst the tat.

The best thing to do with fine china dinner services is to use them to eat your dinner from rather than storing them away, live the high life!

(A bit like old golf clubs ;) )
We asked for and were given a load of Royal Doulton Oxford Blue when we got married. It is rather lovely and we still use if we have friends round for dinner and on special occasions. My grandparents wedding present dinner service (they were married in the 1920s) is beautifully elegant and we have used it a few times since mum passed.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have some Wedgwood frog service plates and stuff. When you look at the work gone into them and how much they’re worth. 😳
But times move on. Me bro made a fortune on star wars Stuff. That’s gone quiet and now he is making a Fortune on Pokémon cards. There crap but a fool And his money.
My lad has a load of Pokémon cards that he keeps with us. He reckons some of the ‘shiny’ specials could be worth a fair bit and wants them kept safe with us.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My lad has a load of Pokémon cards that he keeps with us. He reckons some of the ‘shiny’ specials could be worth a fair bit and wants them kept safe with us.
They are going for ridiculous prices. 😳

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now that, I'd buy. Love it 😍. I'd smile every time I saw it 🤣

Ha ha we do, my father in law also has the full collection including signed drawing by Carl Barks, it's mad to see as they're just dotted around the house like regular ornaments :ROFLMAO:
This is an interesting read, specially the bit where they smash up the rest of the collection 😲:ROFLMAO: