Blog to get you through tough times

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Not started reading it yet so sorry to flag up a niggle straight away but the first thing that jumped out at me was your use of +5 and +15 for handicaps, I think I know what you mean but it would be better if your font page was correct.

I assume you mean that you're a 15 handicap and would like to get to 5? (+5 means you add 5 shots to your gross score at the end of the round, and that you're an exceptional golfer!)

BirdieorEagle

Visit site
Not started reading it yet so sorry to flag up a niggle straight away but the first thing that jumped out at me was your use of +5 and +15 for handicaps, I think I know what you mean but it would be better if your font page was correct.

I assume you mean that you're a 15 handicap and would like to get to 5? (+5 means you add 5 shots to your gross score at the end of the round, and that you're an exceptional golfer!)

Sorted it now mate, thanks for the heads up. Hope you enjoy.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
i still don't get why anyone would be interested?
If you don't want to read it then don't, but a lot of good information is disseminated via blogs, especially in my line of work (software development). And in these rying times, a lot of people have suddenly found themselves with a lot more time on their hands, through no fault of their own, and are coming up with ways to occupy themselves.

If this blog brings a smile to one other person's face out there then I say "well done".

Disclaimer: I have not read it myself yet, so I have no idea what the content is like

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It’s only as interesting as reading your posts

Same thing
It’s only as interesting as reading your posts

Same thing
not really, this is golf forum to discuss golf, its becoming a way for some,, who have never posted on here to promote blogs or their channels.
why would anyone else be interested in someone elses Golf "Journey"

i'm not posting mine and asking you to read am i?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not really, this is golf forum to discuss golf, its becoming a way for some,, who have never posted on here to promote blogs or their channels.
why would anyone else be interested in someone elses Golf "Journey"

i'm not posting mine and asking you to read am i?

It’s a bloke taking about golf in exactly the same way as a few hundred do on this forum do every day.

Only different is that it’s a longer read.

For the record I don’t read blogs. Mainly because I’ve the attention span of a gnat.

Other people do though. I just don’t see the necessity for people to pipe up and criticise though.

At the end of they day. We are sat on a golfing forum. Hardly the high water mark of coolness

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It’s a bloke taking about golf in exactly the same way as a few hundred do on this forum do every day.

Only different is that it’s a longer read.

For the record I don’t read blogs. Mainly because I’ve the attention span of a gnat.

Other people do though. I just don’t see the necessity for people to pipe up and criticise though.

At the end of they day. We are sat on a golfing forum. Hardly the high water mark of coolness

maybe, but loads have come on and posted about their blogs in the past, i'd be supprised if any are still doing it, with the excpetion of Homer, i read his once, dull as ditchwater, but he's not some random who's never posted. This is a Forum where lots of stuff gets discussed and outlet for most, but most of the stuff is of interest to some, but maybe not others.

i don't think bogs are that interesting, thats my opinion.. well apart from the one that used to be about the high class call girl from a few years ago:ROFLMAO:

ferenezejohn

Visit site
It will give you something to pass the time.
Working with vulnerable people doesn't stop you giving more information about yourself as long as you respect the confidentiality of those you are working with.
If you don't see the need to give any info about yourself that's your choice, I would be the same.
Good luck

BirdieorEagle

Visit site
That‘s fine. Keep us updated on when you create a new post (y)
Of course mate - thanks

Just read it. Nice start. Looking forward to the next instalment. Thanks.
Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it.

i still don't get why anyone would be interested?
It's mainly just to pass the time and in doing so hopefully put a smile on a few people's faces during the current epidemic. Some people prefer reading than watching videos thats all mate. I enjoy writing so it's easing my discomfort at the moment.

Not really a fan of blogs/you tube etc, but good luck to you, we all need some light relief in these trying times
Thanks mate, appreciate the comment.

It will give you something to pass the time.
Working with vulnerable people doesn't stop you giving more information about yourself as long as you respect the confidentiality of those you are working with.
If you don't see the need to give any info about yourself that's your choice, I would be the same.
Good luck
Thank you - I will try and release as much info as I can.