BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Just a thought... his second post is a question. How can a question contradict? Sorry, I'll go away again...
If it was a general question, I’d sort of agree, but the fact it was in direct response to another poster and he sort of agreed with me, I staying up on my high horse.;)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As was the Abraham Lincoln statue in Parliament Square. Kind of highlights that the BLM campaign was nothing but an anti-capitalist protest for the work-shy.

That's the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on here. There have been hundreds if not thousands of peaceful BLM protests around the world, yet because some idiots cause trouble in London, the whole campaign is an anti-capitalist front?

Incredible.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
It wasn't an isolated incident though, was it? Just the latest in a long line of black people murdered by American police.

Sorry but I just can’t see white officers running round looking for innocent black people to kill.
What about the long line of white people killed in police hands?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about we deal with our own statues/monuments etc without trying to somehow link it to the rest of the world, ie, how about we let the Italians decide on the Coliseum or the Egyptians on the pyramids.
This started in the USA .
It’s spread to us .
The rest of the world is not immune.
The main problem is we haven’t dealt with our statues that’s the main complaint.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but I just can’t see white officers running round looking for innocent black people to kill.
What about the long line of white people killed in police hands?

This is the perfect example of the modern day, social media/internet driven position where you can only occupy one extreme point or the other, it’s nonsense and does my head in never mind stifle proper debate.

Police brutality to people of any race/gender/individual is completely unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

The current issue in the States has highlighted, at this point in time, ”institutionalised racism“ (to bring it back to U.K. vocab post Stephen Lawrence enquiry) against the black population that can’t be tolerated and should be addressed.

That doesn’t mean that people are brushing under the carpet or ignoring sustained issues with other races or that they are equally worthy of the same levels of protection.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s not just the deaths. It’s the enduring pattern that they get away with it.

I’d ask you to open your mind and your heart to this. Question why so many people are outraged and protesting about it. Just maybe there is something wrong here?

I do open my mind, I open it without any emotional bias or prejudice which is why I don’t focus on one race. But I’m not seeing the racism in this instance. I’m seeing police brutality, which obviously the states have issues with. There’s many instances of both races falling foul of police hands.

So many are protesting and outraged Because it’s in the news, it’s on Twitter, it’s on Facebook. They’ve seen the protests and the black lives matter placards on the media, and believed it was a racist act. The issue they’ve seen then upsets their moral beliefs and then with bias and their mind made up they get all uppity and become socially outrage justice warriors to look good for their friends, to feel better about themselves and throw in a few nice profile pictures, showing their outrage on their public platforms for a few likes.

Now the last paragraph definitely applies to every white person protesting in the U.K. IMO

If I see racism, I’ll call it racism. But most of the time racism is just an excuse. An excuse for their own personal failings.

D

Deleted member 16999

I do open my mind, I open it without any emotional bias or prejudice which is why I don’t focus on one race. But I’m not seeing the racism in this instance. I’m seeing police brutality, which obviously the states have issues with. There’s many instances of both races falling foul of police hands.

So many are protesting and outraged Because it’s in the news, it’s on Twitter, it’s on Facebook. They’ve seen the protests and the black lives matter placards on the media, and believed it was a racist act. The issue they’ve seen then upsets their moral beliefs and then with bias and their mind made up they get all uppity and become socially outrage justice warriors to look good for their friends, to feel better about themselves and throw in a few nice profile pictures, showing their outrage on their public platforms for a few likes.

Now the last paragraph definitely applies to every white person protesting in the U.K. IMO

If I see racism, I’ll call it racism. But most of the time racism is just an excuse. An excuse for their own personal failings.
Then you haven’t opened your mind enough, you are looking at this incident as a one off, maybe you should research as to why this death has sparked such outrage in Minneapolis, the US and then Worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.