Best Lesson Ever

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went on a 9 hole lesson with the club pro today. Was bought it for Christmas but had been a bit nervous of the experience. I have a habit of craking a little under pressure so was not sure how I would react to having my game taken appart as I played. Needless to say that the fears were unfounded and learned more today than in my last 3 or 4 lessons put together. Having my faults corrected on the move and being able to see the difference in actual course conditions was superb. Made several small adjustments that, by the end of the 9 holes, were seeing me striking the ball cleaner and straighter. Also got some great advice on course management and how to save a hole when I have got myself into trouble. Now cannot wait to for a chance to try what I have learned.
Biggest surprise was that my driving has improved to such an extent that he reckons I am now losing distance due to the 13 degree loft on my driver and am striking the ball well enough to justify a move down to 10.5 degrees. He reckons there could be another 20-30 yards in me following the change. Considering that I could not hit a driver this time last year, I was amazed. Will have to start searching the house for crap to ebay to get the funds together and give it a go.

Following this we have now picked up what needs to be worked on in the next few lessons. Pitching is next on the list.

Anyway, anyone looking to bring their game on, I can thoroughly recommend a 9 hole lesson or 2.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good news GB72. I've had a few lessons and my pro wants me to be aware of my plane on the downswing. For me (and maybe for others??) this is really hard, much more difficult than backswing. He put some shafts in the ground for me to visualise what he wants. He advised me to only practice with a shaft in place, so even if I don't refer to it every swing, it's there in my consciousness.

So, how do you stick a shaft in the ground on a concrete range??? well, you don't. So I've invented a little thingummy to take down the range. Set it up behind the mat and use it as reference for plane on both backswing and downswing. As for the other things....best not described here.....too complicated.

Here's my new learning aid.....alongside my my new 3H Callaway that eventually arrived from 118golf. Thanks to them......they've been very good about keeping in touch.

Planesettingdevice.jpg

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good stuff, GB72. Keep it up. Great experience, I'm sure.

My pro and I have been trying to arrange a full game with each other for ages now. This is the year. Think I'd learn a lot, particularly watching his short game. He's a demon.