Best investment.........

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I have to agree with you there John - coming down once you are on a lower h'cap is far more difficult.

Took me 2 yrs to go from 28 to 20
2 years for 20 to 12
6 months for 12 to 10
and, less 5 or so years of not playing, 10 years of playing off 10.....

....and after the next comp' 11!

But this summer it'll get better - surely???

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh John you bad boy!! Made me change my pick.

You are right,my best buy is lessons.

Alisdair has taken me in 2 years from being a 6 who should have been 8 to a really good 5 and hopefully lower this summer.

My kit,lovely tho it is couldnt do that on its own.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Recently with all the rain we had in the first quarter of the year it's been the Seal Skinz waterproof breathable socks.

Club wise, the driver really started behaving itself last weekend. But the recent addition of the 52 degree gap wedge has helped the short game, and I can't wait to see what it does over the summer.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club...I guess my old TP Mizuno SW 56, low bounce. The only club I've stuck with over the years. Other than that, got to be my first Callaway wood - an original big bertha 5 wood. Then my Callaway warbird 3 wood, which I broke, had replaced by Callaway with a more modern version which as never as good.
Lessons...yes, well, without them I'd never have got past my first h'cap.....let alone single figures.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Equipment wise has to be the Odyssey dual force putter purchased just after Christmas-it gives me great confidence on the greens especially when faced with a long putt, i know i can get it within 2/3 feet most of the time.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Equipment wise has to be the Odyssey dual force putter

Which model is it? I have an old dual force which I've tended to use in the spring and summer.....something about it is SO good. I find the old odysseys have a much better shaft angle than the new ones....which seem mighty flat to me.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
my best investment would be the £5 green fee I paid to play a pitch and putt which was my first step to taking up this game. Without that I wouldn't be playing golf at all as I would never have become hooked on it.

In terms of equipment though it would have to be my slingshot tour hybrid, it really is superb.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds a bit boring, but changing my cheap trolley to a decent and stable push along powakaddy and adding a decent bag with separators, has increased my enjoyment of a round no end - no more clubs lurching to one side and getting stuck underneath, and trolley no longer falls over on a steep slope or high wind. (It was only when I changed that I realised how much stress the other stuff was giving me!)

Alib