Best Golf Shoes -discussion

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not sure if they have a policy or not but the greenkeeper I play with has ordered a pair

THey look like the mountain warehouse waterproof walking trainers I bought recently, well the tread does. Do we really need to wear shoes called Golf Shoes to be able to play on a course anymore. THose spikeless "golf shoes" don't look no different to running shoes to me.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
They look extremely similar to loads of spikeless golf shoes I've seen. What difference does it make if they have the word golf written on the label or not?
I admit I hate the spikeless shoes, so don't study them closely, but I can't say I've seen any with tread patterns like those off-roaders in the pics.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I admit I hate the spikeless shoes, so don't study them closely, but I can't say I've seen any with tread patterns like those off-roaders in the pics.

They don't look too dissimilar to many of the spikeless soles I've seen of late. I wouldn't expect they would rip up the greens just walking across them.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So your club doesn't have a golf shoe policy? Also got to say those look like they will chew up the greens.
Mine has 'Soft Spikes' only wrt to 'spikes'. I wear flat spikeless whenever I can - Footjoy Professional or Ecco moulded spikeless. Both really comfortable.
As for the 'chew up greens' view, there's likely more damage done to greens (accidentally of course) by the claw style spikeless than flat/even moulded style ones, certainly that I've noticed.

robertkioski

golfkitadvisor.com
I had problem with flat feet and it was so uncomfortable for me to play golf. Then i found some best flat feet golf shoes, which are really good. I am using Nike shoes.

Golf shoes for flat feet

Attachments

• NikeNews_FeaturedFootwear_NikeGolf_AirZoomVictoryTour_SeamusGolf_0200_hd_1600.jpg
    NikeNews_FeaturedFootwear_NikeGolf_AirZoomVictoryTour_SeamusGolf_0200_hd_1600.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 17
D

Deleted member 15344

The new Pro SL Sport are highly recommended - lighter than the standard

Smoj

Visit site
I've used 3 pairs of golf shoes
2nd hand pair of Nike React Vapor 2's - comfy but the toebox is too pointy for my liking, I also got them 1/2 size bigger than normal and they felt too big. Decent grip.

a pair of Nike Air Zoom direct - very good grip, very comfy, waterproof (only in early morning games with dewy grass) they needed bit of break-in time. The only downside was they looked like nurses' shoes.

then I found a pair of Nike Air Zoom Victory 2's for a very good price, bought them, and haven't looked back since. soft leather which is only going to get better every round, very very comfy with the React AND zoom air units. one downside, while I have had no problems so far, and i haven't been out in the wet yet, I feel the grip could be better, as you're either standing on spikes or smooth plastic.