Best Easy to hit 3 wood

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Ha I was just thinking the same. Think Jake has hit the nail on the head.

Agree, apart from the bit about your local pro recommending 5 to try

I think a lot of local pros will recommend trying whatever the pro happens to sell

Oh and my east to hit 3w is a 10 year old Cobra LDFST that I'll never get rid of (far too many letters for a golf club)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you've already tried several and you can't hit any of them, then I would suggest you need to work on your swing. I don't care what anyone says, there is no such thing as an easy to hit 3W if you can't put a decent swing on it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you've already tried several and you can't hit any of them, then I would suggest you need to work on your swing. I don't care what anyone says, there is no such thing as an easy to hit 3W if you can't put a decent swing on it.

very true, i know plenty that can't hit a 3 wood off the deck

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You really need to find out what suits you - and if you have, or can create, the swing to use it!

Audition a few at a range (of mats) and find out whether shallow faced or deep faced ones work best. Then try them on your course in decent conditions! Now id probably the worst time to try as the soggy conditions will magnify small faults. Anything hit either slightly fat or thin is likely to really go nowhere! I learnt (had to!) to hit FWs on links courses in Winter! I think I've only hit my 2W once off the deck (of a great lie but into a solid head wind) in the last few weeks - the 4W is so much more reliable and goes almost the same distance currently anyway! I also found that 'committing to the follow through' produces better results than the 'solid slap' swing that I'd fallen into!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am still looking for this mythical club.

Got my current 15 degree FD (deep face) 3 wood on ebay. This is fine from the tee but not off the fairway.

My new 17 degree 5wood is going to be knocked down a degree or so to act as a high launching 3 wood. It just arrived today so can't wait to take it for a spin.

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Agreed, never managed any consistently with any other wood.

But tbh gave up with 3 wood off the fairway long ago, 3 wood off the fairway is hard to hit. I now play a 5 or 7 wood. But my son can hit a 3 wood off the fairway easily with any make of wood(he tends to flick and loft it up tho!!).

Im the same i play a 16.5 915 never had better results

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
get yourself a TM R15. I was in the market for a new 3 wood last year and tried the M1, M2 along with the cally offerings.

But the R15 went further straighter and higher than any of them and that was from the mat in the golf shop, along with how much of a beast it is off the tee.