Best 2nd hand clubs for a high handicapper

Bswarbs

Visit site
Getting back into golf having had a few years off. I’ve had a couple of lessons and have a load more booked. Keen to spend my money on lessons for now rather than the latest and best clubs and I don’t have enough consistency for a fitting to be worth while. While I’m working on getting average I want to some 2nd hand clubs to learn with and would massively appreciate any advice anyone has. Thanks!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The default answer is any from the Ping G range. I've got G25 irons and they are very forgiving. Go up or down the range based on your budget.

When you are done you will be able to sell them again at only a minor loss. They hold their value well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The default answer is any from the Ping G range. I've got G25 irons and they are very forgiving. Go up or down the range based on your budget.

When you are done you will be able to sell them again at only a minor loss. They hold their value well.

This. Ping G series would be my default starting point

https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/4294/Ping__Iron_Set_G20.html

https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/5372/Ping__Iron_Set_G30.html

https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/6150/Ping__Iron_Set_G-Series.html

Other than that any of the Callaway X series (X12, X14, X16 etc)

There are other brands that go under the radar like Benross so there is a huge market for you to tap into. Enjoy the search and using them

Fabia999

Visit site
I can’t find a driver that performs better than my Mizuno JPX EZ. Set at 12 degrees and wasn’t too pricey.

I have Cleveland Launcher irons, although I bought them new you can get a 2018 set second hand now. The 5/6 irons are more like hybrids and it really helps get the ball into the air.

The ping G series is probably worth a serious look too.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I can’t find a driver that performs better than my Mizuno JPX EZ. Set at 12 degrees and wasn’t too pricey.

I have Cleveland Launcher irons, although I bought them new you can get a 2018 set second hand now. The 5/6 irons are more like hybrids and it really helps get the ball into the air.

The ping G series is probably worth a serious look too.

I've just bought the Cleveland launcher CBX version and love them

jamiet7682

Visit site
Ive got the callaway xr irons and hybrid, have done the job so far. Ive only started playing recently and they work fine for me when i actually manage to connect with the ball.

Bswarbs

Visit site
Probably just going to echo the advice already given, what budget are you working with and what do you need (1/2 set, full set, bag etc).
I’ve got a bag and a very old set of clubs which the pro said I should replace. I like my hybrid and not too interested in drivers etc at the mo until I can hit irons consistently well.
Budget wise, between 200-500, closer to 500 if they’ll hold their value as I’ll want to swap them at some point.