Bending wedges

Afrieds56

Visit site
Is it unrealistic to bend a wedge 6° in specific a 56° to a 50° the reasson i ask is the callaway pm grind wedges are offered in a 56° as the lowest loft. I was looking to add a third wedge to my bag and wanted to stay consistant with the pm grind wedges.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's a forged club so theoretically possible but
Don't forget you'll change the bounce by 6° as well, which you may or may not want.
A 50° with 7° bounce is a reasonable setup but bending a club that far may be more than recommended and some Pros may not want to try.
And it'll be at your risk should it snap or warp
Worth asking the question though...

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is it unrealistic to bend a wedge 6° in specific a 56° to a 50° the reasson i ask is the callaway pm grind wedges are offered in a 56° as the lowest loft. I was looking to add a third wedge to my bag and wanted to stay consistant with the pm grind wedges.

If you look at the irons sets, instead of wedges, most of those do a 50 deg AW wedge

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It's a forged club so theoretically possible but
Don't forget you'll change the bounce by 6° as well, which you may or may not want.
A 50° with 7° bounce is a reasonable setup but bending a club that far may be more than recommended and some Pros may not want to try.
And it'll be at your risk should it snap or warp
Worth asking the question though...

You forgot to add what it will do to the offset as well Imurg; frankly I think it will look hideous at address. The most I think Mizuno are prepared to move them is 4 degrees.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The PM wedges are hideous anyway. Sorry, but they are. Bend it every which way, it ain't gonna get any better looking.