Bending Cobra S2 Max 2* upright...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Basically, can this be done?

They're most definitely a cast club and a chunky one at that. I had the free MOT at Direct Golf and sure enough the lie angles were very consistently saying I'd benefit from being bent 2* upright.

I'm wary of this and it seemed like they were umming and ahhhing with each other in the shop but being very definitive with me that it can be done easily.

I don't want my lovely SGI shovels snapped or weakened...

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
It can be done although with it being cast it is a bit more difficult, hence the umming and ahhing. Ping are cast and can be changed. Whatever you do take them to a reputable club maker but be prepared for them to tell you that it is at your own risk!!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As part of the MOT they do a reduced price at Direct Golf, I was going to stick with them. Hmmm. If they can't cover the cost of a replacement for a breakage, I won't be doing it. Simple as that.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Couldn't they (or someone else if they didn't deal with cobra) just ring up cobra and ask? Cobra'll either say yes, no or they need sending back to not void the warranty at X amount and you'll know where you stand.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Couldn't they (or someone else if they didn't deal with cobra) just ring up c
obra and ask? Cobra'll either say yes, no or they need sending back to not void the warranty at X amount and you'll know where you stand.

more a metal thing than a Cobra one I would have thought.

there's also the issue that I would want to use a little heat when doing it, which would leave the issue of glue degredation in the hozel.

cold, you may or may not get away with it. worse, you may think you have got away with it but have weakened the material...

if Cobra said anything other than 'we wouldn't recomend it' I would be amazed. they might add that they can supply 2 degrees upright though.

edit - missread your post. yes, agree, send them back to Cobra would be the best solution.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't trust direct golf with bending any iron my mate got fitted there for a set of Adams irons that they had on the shelf and rather them ordering them in they adjusted them in the shop and he has since seen on 6 irons they have cracks in them from them hitting them with the hammer

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
how have you got on with this mate, I've just been given the same prescription :)

No phone call, I'm assuming they've found out it can't be done! I've seen the guy who did the fitting twice since in the club and no mention, which is a poor way to treat a customer but I won't say too much because it's handy have Direct Golf running the clubhouse.