belly grip on a regular putter ....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
since have a putt with the new talyor made putter with the long grip I am tempted to stick a belly grip on a 35 inch putter.

has anyone tried this? :)

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The idea behind the TM long grip is to give counterbalance to the increased head weight. So whilst you may be able to mimic the grip weighting, unless the head is matched then you won't achieve the same counterbalance effect.

Of course, if all you want is to grip further down then go for it :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I might give it a go on an old putter. surely if you grip in the right place you can recreate this balanced feeling!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The balance will be different from your standard putter but not the same as the daddy long legs, as I would be very surprised if the head weight of your putter would be close to that of the TM models. Whether it feels balanced or not ... well I doubt it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
do you have to grip the Daddy long legs in a certain place? surely the counterbalance would be slightly out if you gripped it in one place then gripped it 3 inches above or below that.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does feel different at different positions but it's more down to how you feel comfortable with it ... and the feeling it enhanced by the head weight, which is why it feels so stable on the stoke.

Anyway all you'll be wasting is the price of a grip :)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why not just backweight the putter with the standard grip? That way you get to choose the weight that suits you rather than the one size fits all approach with the grip.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why not just backweight the putter with the standard grip? That way you get to choose the weight that suits you rather than the one size fits all approach with the grip.

this is the way forward. I did a crude experiment tonight adding weight to the end of the putter using a toilet roll tube and coins. the difference is remarkable! :whoo:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The TM spider grip has a counter balanced weight in it
does it? I'm not so sure.

The counterbalancing TM achieve is from the use of the elongated and twice as heavy grip, not any additional counterbalance weight (as in the tank) .... but I'm not prepared to chop up my putter :)