• Play on Temporary greens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont play at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Okay, there's understandably been a lot of chat on here recently about Ryder Cup wildcards and the form or otherwise of the potential candidates.

So here's your chance to play Monty for the day. As things stand at present midway through the USPGA, which three players would you pick from the cast below of pretty much everyone in the frame currently outside automatic selection?

mjsw13

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If I were Monty for the day, I'd begin by waking up, eating my usual 17 pork pies for breakfast, washed down with a litre of Irn-Bru - no cooncil pop for me.

I'd then have a wash, and before putting on my finest slacks and shirt, I'd see how my moobs were coming along. following this, I'd grab a pork pie, and eat it on the drive to the course.

When I got there, I'd play 18 holes like an absolute demon, but still have a right face on. I'd also have a few pork pies at the halfway hoose. When I get in, I'll pick my wildcards, using the 'pork pie technique'. Essentially, scoffing a pork pie, before shutting my eyes, and putting a greasy sausage finger on the sheet, times 3. And that's my team.

After this, I'd celebrate getting through this stressful episode, by eating a large pork pie, and heading home. That evening I'd settle down, with a pork pie platter, to watch Spooks. I'd heard someone at the club talking about it, saying it was about pies, but I must have misheard, as it was about spies. Pure gutted. I'd console myself with 2 more pork pies, before a last moob check, then shutting my pork pies, and going to sleep, in my bed, that is in the shape of a pork pie.

No word of a pie, that's what I'd do.

Pie for now folks

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I were Monty for the day, I'd begin by waking up, eating my usual 17 pork pies for breakfast, washed down with a litre of Irn-Bru - no cooncil pop for me.

I'd then have a wash, and before putting on my finest slacks and shirt, I'd see how my moobs were coming along. following this, I'd grab a pork pie, and eat it on the drive to the course.

When I got there, I'd play 18 holes like an absolute demon, but still have a right face on. I'd also have a few pork pies at the halfway hoose. When I get in, I'll pick my wildcards, using the 'pork pie technique'. Essentially, scoffing a pork pie, before shutting my eyes, and putting a greasy sausage finger on the sheet, times 3. And that's my team.

After this, I'd celebrate getting through this stressful episode, by eating a large pork pie, and heading home. That evening I'd settle down, with a pork pie platter, to watch Spooks. I'd heard someone at the club talking about it, saying it was about pies, but I must have misheard, as it was about spies. Pure gutted. I'd console myself with 2 more pork pies, before a last moob check, then shutting my pork pies, and going to sleep, in my bed, that is in the shape of a pork pie.

Pie for now folks

I would like to put this post forward for publishing in the magazine next month.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"Be Ryder Cup captain Monty for a day! "

I'd sign a deal with Ping to ensure our 12 players all had to use those clubs as they are so obviously the best out there, that there is no way we could possibly lose.

Then I'd employ HTL as our team manager as he seems to think he knows everything and is always right.

T

thecraw

Pie for now folks

I would like to put this post forward for publishing in the magazine next month.

I'd put that post forward for being written by a complete and utter cock!

Anyway back on track, Molinari, Rose & Casey.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would pick Molinari on the assumption that his brother qualifies to make a very solid pairing.

Casey seems to play well in matchplay so would be a cert for me.

Rose would be the form pick unless someone else plays a blinder over the next few days.

Feel that Harrington would need to play is way in.

Would only have considered Langer if Monty ended up with a team of total rookies.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Harrington
Rose
Casey

Can't leave out a 3 time major winner who always gives his best effort.

Rose and Casey have won in the American's back yard this year.

My view is that Harrington needs to show a bit more form and a decent performance over the next few days would put him up the list into the automatic places anyway. I think that he is only about 12,000 euros behind Molinari in the money list at the moment