Batkid

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The USA always likes stories like this as it makes Joe Average fell good and that they are living in a nice place.

I have a different view of a country where the gulf between rich and poor is massive.
I would like to see stories about how they are dealing with their poverty and welfare problems.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
The US has one of the most mobile social classes in the world. Yes, poverty is rife, as it is in all countries, however it isnt through any acts of opression or such so the opportunities are there, as they are in this country.

Surely the kindness of 7000 strangers should just be applauded.

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A nice story.
The most uplifting aspect of it being young Miles.
Interesting that given the chance to pick a wish, instead of choosing the usual like Disney Land etc he chose to be a superhero.
A superhero whose main purpose is to help people less fortunate than themselves.
I think the actions of young Miles could teach everyone a little lesson.
Best of luck for the future kid...:thup:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The US has one of the most mobile social classes in the world. Yes, poverty is rife, as it is in all countries, however it isnt through any acts of opression or such so the opportunities are there, as they are in this country.

Surely the kindness of 7000 strangers should just be applauded.

I don't disagree with that at all but I would rather see 70 million people supporting the elected Presidents health care policies.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't disagree with that at all but I would rather see 70 million people supporting the elected Presidents health care policies.

Healthcare in the US seems to be a strange topic, over here everyone (typically) agrees the NHS is for the greater good, however in the US its pretty split. I don't particularly know why, and certainly won't pretend too, but they seem pretty set on leaving it as a private industry being run by insurance companies. I for one am pretty glad we all get equal treatment no matter what, and certainly in the case of child care.

And just as a side note, our treatment of cancer in this country is absolutely first class, and we are absolutely blessed with the nurses and doctors that we have.