base layer or long johns

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Use a sub armour when it's around 10* it's a cheaper brand distributed through golf base and is slightly thinner than an under armour! when it's down into 8/9 * or lover I drop to a proper Under armour

Use helly Hanson thermals under trousers when it gets lower than 8

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Use a sub armour when it's around 10* it's a cheaper brand distributed through golf base and is slightly thinner than an under armour! when it's down into 8/9 * or lover I drop to a proper Under armour

Use helly Hanson thermals under trousers when it gets lower than 8

just looked at the sub armor its mega cheap what is the quality like and is it warm stuff?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Under Armour compression tights for me and the base layers as well bought cheap. Campri thermals from sports direct are good and cheap as well.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Someone posted a few weeks ago about snainton selling mizuno base layers cheap and they are great, wore them already a few times in the last few weeks.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
just looked at the sub armor its mega cheap what is the quality like and is it warm stuff?

Quality is ok, good fit and holds shape well, the white one I have is about two years old and is still great although its not as bright white as it used to be.

Regarding warmth, I played on Surrey downs yesterday in a strong cold wind in around 10*, top half wise I just had that on, a nike tee shirt and a sleeveless pull over and was super toasty, when we started us was about 7/8* and I felt a little chill but as it warmed up it was fine , hence me giving temps of what I would say it was suited to :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have some Campri Base Layers - that, a polo and another top of some sort are all I need in Winter.
Lower half doesn't fell the cold so normal Troos for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big fan of the Under Armour base layer. I will wear long johns too but it has to be pretty cold and frosty for me to get them out or I'm standing in a range bay for a long time and there is a Siberian wind blowing in

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've a under armour cold gear for when its really cold and frozen and a Nike combat one for when its chilly. The nike one is a bit thinner but I don't feel the cold too much so suits me most of the time. The under armour one can get me too warm if its not Baltic!

davenarey83

Visit site
I have a merino wool base layer. Well its 80% merino wool anyway, and find it much better than my under armour cold gear compression. It's mid weight 210g, and came from Mountain Warehouse. Best bit was its only £19.99.

dotty001

Challenge Tour Pro
www.quidco.com
I got some under armour knock off gear off ebay , only 11 quid , does me proper warm , and if it's really cold I just wear my waterproof trousers

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the southern hemisphere - ie below waist level - I've never found anything better than a pair of silk LJs. Can get them on line at very reasonable prices these days