Bargain hunters

JayPR

Visit site
Being a golf newbie, I am realising the joys of how expensive everything golf related is.

Where do people buy clothes, balls, equipment etc from to get the best value.

By value I do not mean the cheapest. Good stuff at a good price. Both online and in-store.

Thank you team!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lots of good options, depends a lot on what you are looking for

Clubhouse golf, Snainton Golf, Clickgolf, CG Golf, Golfbase, County Golf, Hotgolf, Jamgolf. Local pro shops, Ebay, Golfbidder, Gumtree, direct from manufacturer. This forums for sale section can be as good as anywhere

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I've seen some bargains on the FB marketplace

Found myself some good deals in the 2nd hand bit of AG

Noticed a lot of ridiculously good deals last year around black Friday

And there's plenty in the January sales

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
County golf is good for clothing. Recently got three Under Armour 1/4 zip sweaters for £30 each from Hotgolf. Discount code reduced them to £27.50 which is half price.

Wolf

Visit site
County golf is good for clothing. Recently got three Under Armour 1/4 zip sweaters for £30 each from Hotgolf. Discount code reduced them to £27.50 which is half price.
I'd 2nd this for county golf seem to end up on there every month at around payday so many good deals even Mrs Wolf Goe son there and buys stuff for me as she thinks it great value to treat me when I've been a good boy 🤣

But you can get decent trousers, polo tops and jumpers from primark on a budget, golf clothing doesn't need to be from a branded retailer.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I'd 2nd this for county golf seem to end up on there every month at around payday so many good deals even Mrs Wolf Goe son there and buys stuff for me as she thinks it great value to treat me when I've been a good boy 🤣

But you can get decent trousers, polo tops and jumpers from primark on a budget, golf clothing doesn't need to be from a branded retailer.

Do they have a physical store or is it online only?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Being a golf newbie, I am realising the joys of how expensive everything golf related is.

Where do people buy clothes, balls, equipment etc from to get the best value.

By value I do not mean the cheapest. Good stuff at a good price. Both online and in-store.

Thank you team!

If you are just taking up the game, go to Sports Direct and buy a load of Slazenger balls. They are obviously not the best, but they are ok, and given the amount you will lose, they will save you a fortune as they work out at 37.5p a ball if you buy a couple of dozen.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Try golf bidder for older clubs, clothing wise you can get absolute bargains at Lillywhites

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Another recommendation for County Golf for reasonably priced golf clothing. They are online only though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do discount Sports Direct out of hand as others seem to do.

There are lots of bargains to be had in the clothing line in there they also offer a full range of golf balls and accessories.

They no longer appear to offer the range of clubs they used to do but you can still pick up some good kit at reasonable prices e.g their spin milled wedges with True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Another fan of county golf, although to be honest I stay away as much as I can - too easy to spend money. Great service - spent hundreds of pounds but unbelievable value.

As for balls/gloves etc always on Ebay - new premium balls and only buy when they have their discount codes/vouchers - no where cheaper if your smart...codes 2/3 times a year.

I get several emails a week from all major online retailers going on about fantastic bargains and 99% of the time there is nothing special about them. Be savy/smart - know the price and recognise when a sale is really a sale.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Couldn't agree more - Lillywhites was a great store.
My mum use to work a ten minute walk from Piccadilly Circus and I use to go up to the office a few times over the summer holidays and we'd always go to Lillywhites. As a mad keen sports fan it was a real Aladdins cave and once I got into golf I'd spend what must have felt like forever for my mum wandering around the department. Even into my late teens I'd wander up looking at footie and cricket gear

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
My mum use to work a ten minute walk from Piccadilly Circus and I use to go up to the office a few times over the summer holidays and we'd always go to Lillywhites. As a mad keen sports fan it was a real Aladdins cave and once I got into golf I'd spend what must have felt like forever for my mum wandering around the department. Even into my late teens I'd wander up looking at footie and cricket gear

I remember going in there as a kid before SD involvement. That place was a gold mine for a kid with a collection of world football shirts

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I remember going in there as a kid before SD involvement. That place was a gold mine for a kid with a collection of world football shirts
But the best place for soccer shirts was a now defunct place called Soccer Scene in Carnaby Street. Had shirts from club sides around the globe as well as most national sides. Also a goldmine for decent goalkeeping gloves, padded leggings for winter/astroturf and some really loud keeper tops

Reactions: MrC

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But the best place for soccer shirts was a now defunct place called Soccer Scene in Carnaby Street. Had shirts from club sides around the globe as well as most national sides. Also a goldmine for decent goalkeeping gloves, padded leggings for winter/astroturf and some really loud keeper tops

I remember that shop....used to go there as a birthday treat when I was a kid