Banner Ads making forum unuseable

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have no problem with ads, completely appreciate their requirement - but these Taylor Made GAPR ads are making the forum impossible to use.

They come up in front of the forum content, but I haven't yet found away to minimise or remove them and they cover some of buttons such as new thread or post.

Usually with these types of ads you have a wee cross that you can press to delete it. But I haven't found it and keep clicking on the TM website about a dozen times.

Not helping my view of TM or the forum.
please either change the way in which these are posted or provide a clear way to minimise. The forum is rendered unusable!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Eh? No problems at all on either the iPad nor on the MacBook. Don’t remember having ad blocker but I haven’t seen any of the ads.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Genius marketing by TM - demonstrating how frustrating golf and their equipment is through the use of an ad; it's made me swear, smack my equipment about and had me saying I was leaving but just like golf I keep coming back only to be met by the same problem!

Get it sorted please!!!

Only managed this by minimizing and stretching a usable window between the 2 clubs!

D

Deleted member 15344

Why are people blaming TM though ?

Whenever we get a advertising campaign it’s tested on a test site to see the affect it would have on the user experience on various OS and in desktop and mobile view.

This appears to be a case of just getting the advert and plonking it on without any testing to see how it affect browsing experience. I suspect the advert will affect some OS but be fine in others. So GM need to speak to the forum editors and advert company and get it better stress tested first before it goes live.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are people blaming TM though ?
Because it’s the TM advert again that’s doing this, the same one that did it a very short while ago.
Advertising is all about getting you to remember their product. In this case their advertising agency have screwed up yet again. It’s TM’s advert so it’s TM who must carry the can and people’s wrath.
Do you not think it reflects badly on TM?

D

Deleted member 15344

Because it’s the TM advert again that’s doing this, the same one that did it a very short while ago.
Advertising is all about getting you to remember their product. In this case their advertising agency have screwed up yet again. It’s TM’s advert so it’s TM who must carry the can and people’s wrath.
Do you not think it reflects badly on TM?
No - they aren’t the one putting it there , they just pay for an advert to be placed - it then needs to be tested and checked first that it’s compatible before it’s added to the forum - who ever looks after the forum backend needs to ensure the advert is compatible before it’s turned on. So no I don’t blame TM or indeed any other company that advertises on a forum.

Unless the forum admin have given TM full rights to allow them just to put an advert on- but can you really see that

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No - they aren’t the one putting it there , they just pay for an advert to be placed - it then needs to be tested and checked first that it’s compatible before it’s added to the forum - who ever looks after the forum backend needs to ensure the advert is compatible before it’s turned on. So no I don’t blame TM or indeed any other company that advertises on a forum.

Unless the forum admin have given TM full rights to allow them just to put an advert on- but can you really see that
Note to TM any any other product advertising agencies. If a product is crap or the advert damned annoying and irritating I don’t consider that product.
Don’t think for a minute I would be the only one to think that way either.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

It's just people's perceptions that are affected though. Whether it's TM's fault or not, the next time I see a GAPR I'll be thinking "that's that annoying club that ruined the bloody forums!"

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've found that on a laptop running Windows 10 you can resize the window. As you 'shrink' it horizontally you get to a point where the ads drop off the sides!!

Rather misses the point of an ad from the sponsors point of view.

The idiot who designed the site needs putting on permanent gardening leave.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've found that on a laptop running Windows 10 you can resize the window. As you 'shrink' it horizontally you get to a point where the ads drop off the sides!!

Rather misses the point of an ad from the sponsors point of view.

The idiot who designed the site needs putting on permanent gardening leave.
In fairness to the guy who designed it its the one who set the test parameters whose probably to blame (or the original spec).
So many browsers and devices (as well as taking into account the people who use the main skin on their mobile devices - and vice versa!

Anyhow, I was just getting used to the breast enlargement adverts that were appearing - although somewhat disappointingly that advert didn't explode all over the page like the GAPR one 🤔

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just tried clicking the new posts button several and each time it took me to the advert page even though the ad didn't appear to cover the button.

and now it wont let me post this as it covers the post button.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gee wiz all this complaining you would think some of you are paying a premium for the forum, hop along and find something else to do for a few hours till it gets sorted.......