Banner Ads making forum unuseable

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the point in having a Website feedback thread if nothing seems to be getting done about the very annoying Taylormade ad on the left side of forum.
Please get rid. I don't mind ads, but not when the forum cannot be used because of them!

D

Deleted member 15344

What's the point in having a Website feedback thread if nothing seems to be getting done about the very annoying Taylormade ad on the left side of forum.
Please get rid. I don't mind ads, but not when the forum cannot be used because of them!

You haven’t posted in the feedback area though ?

And Mike has replied in the feedback area to say it’s a glitch and they are looking into it

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Using my phone, and whilst I can see it on the top and to the side, it doesn't stop me using the site.

.... although it doesn't seem to screw up some of the screen formatting.
Yes this for me on iPad , but screen is moving side to side with ad in background and down sides.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You haven’t posted in the feedback area though ?

And Mike has replied in the feedback area to say it’s a glitch and they are looking into it

That's because I couldn't post in the bloody feedback thread, because of the stupid ad spoiling the whole forum!

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
No - they aren’t the one putting it there , they just pay for an advert to be placed - it then needs to be tested and checked first that it’s compatible before it’s added to the forum - who ever looks after the forum backend needs to ensure the advert is compatible before it’s turned on. So no I don’t blame TM or indeed any other company that advertises on a forum.

Unless the forum admin have given TM full rights to allow them just to put an advert on- but can you really see that

When TM pay for an advert to be placed they would want to ensure they get the maximum return on their investment, therefore, it is in their interest to ensure they are fully aware of the user experience before anything goes live even if testing is carried out by a third party. They would confirm the testing criteria that needs to be met before anything goes live and they would sign off on that criteria before the ad goes live

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Its getting blooming worse, starting to encroach on my mobile phone too.

Pretty pathetic and shambolic if you ask me.

"It's all about the money!"

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its getting blooming worse, starting to encroach on my mobile phone too.

Pretty pathetic and shambolic if you ask me.

"It's all about the money!"

Well I complained bitterly last night, trying to navigate the forum was frustrating to say the least!

But I have to say all is good now, not a Taylormade ad to be seen anywhere. So whoever sorted it , Thankyou very much! (y)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well I complained bitterly last night, trying to navigate the forum was frustrating to say the least!

But I have to say all is good now, not a Taylormade ad to be seen anywhere. So whoever sorted it , Thankyou very much! (y)

Maybe that's why DJ and Brooks came to blows, the speed foam was too much!

😂