Banner Ads making forum unuseable

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I have no problem with ads, completely appreciate their requirement - but these Taylor Made GAPR ads are making the forum impossible to use.

They come up in front of the forum content, but I haven't yet found away to minimise or remove them and they cover some of buttons such as new thread or post.

Usually with these types of ads you have a wee cross that you can press to delete it. But I haven't found it and keep clicking on the TM website about a dozen times.

Not helping my view of TM or the forum.

D

Deleted member 15717

See theread in Website Feedback sub-forum. It is horrendous though. Get the need for the advert, but an option to minimise or close the advert would be much appreciated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
See theread in Website Feedback sub-forum. It is horrendous though. Get the need for the advert, but an option to minimise or close the advert would be much appreciated.
A thousand times this. When trying to quote you to make this reply, I had to refresh the page and quickly scroll down and hit Reply before the adverts had a chance to load. Once they've loaded they're the bloody immovable object.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Read this earlier on my ipad and thought what is he on about. Now on me iphone and i think the op has undersold the problem. It takes stupid to another level. May well be a teething problem that needs looking at asap. The forum change was designed to turn folk on. Not off.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following a forum users kind advice I installed Lionz ad blocker. It completely solves the problem. I agree though, before installing it, the forum was unusable when viewing on a phone. The moving ads just caused it reload over and over again.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never had an ad blocker until this stupid GAPR ad. Like the OP I had no issue at all with the adverts in banners etc and have clicked on them when found interest, but whoever designed the GAPR ad needs their head read.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
It's back today........ Most useless ad ever, covers the entire screen and takes you to Taylormade on every click, whichever thread you try and click on.

Yes, I can use an ad blocker, but ironically, that also disables the active post button, preventing any comment posts.

D

Deleted member 18121

I physically cannot use the forum on my laptop.... On my phone now to try and find a solution. How do you turn the damn add off? I cannot click on any part of the forum .

D

Deleted member 21258

Last time I downloaded AdBlock Plus due to other posts on the forum.

Has solved the problem completely and as a plus I now longer get adverts when watching youtube(I had almost stopped watching that before, due to adverts, but they are gone as well).

Had no problems with the adblock plus setup on PC or laptop:)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a type of ad thismorning that I haven't seen before, it covers the sides of the screen, so stays when you scroll down

D

Deleted member 18121

I've given up for today.... Forum is completely unusable. How long until the ad goes?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Using my phone, and whilst I can see it on the top and to the side, it doesn't stop me using the site.

.... although it doesn't seem to screw up some of the screen formatting.