Balls

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i was an AVX user but switched to the Qstar Tour at the start of winter and really like it BUT it doesn't seem to last that long before it goes off colour - no smart arse commnents @chrisd

At the moment i have got the ADD333's in the bag and there's every chance I'll carry on with them in the summer

Albo

Visit site
I found a yellow/black Truvis in the rough off the first tee at Beamish. It must have been lost after its first shot because it was pristine. Played amazing with it. I'm a short hitter but usually pretty straight so I had that ball for probably 6 months + until I eventually put in it a pond. I was half tempted to go in and get it. I've used them ever since. Not the longest ball off the tee but around the green they are superb.
I found them great round the greens too, you can really see them spin which I liked

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i've seen that PXG are launching a ball - no doubt produced by the same factory as Vice etc but priced like a Pro v

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
i was an AVX user but switched to the Qstar Tour at the start of winter and really like it BUT it doesn't seem to last that long before it goes off colour - no smart arse commnents @chrisd

At the moment i have got the ADD333's in the bag and there's every chance I'll carry on with them in the summer
And I'm very happy you switched and sold me the AVXs! 🤣
I hate the AD333, but can't quite work out why. It just doesn't feel right. Goes to show the same ball isn't the same for everyone.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trail and error

When I am playing on my own I will often play two different makes of ball to compare one against the other.

As to the OP and their choice of ball TM Tour Response it is a ball I have tried it prefer other 3 piece spin balls. One of mates made the switch from ProV1 to them but he is a bit more distance obsessed than me.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found a yellow/black Truvis in the rough off the first tee at Beamish. It must have been lost after its first shot because it was pristine. Played amazing with it. I'm a short hitter but usually pretty straight so I had that ball for probably 6 months + until I eventually put in it a pond. I was half tempted to go in and get it. I've used them ever since. Not the longest ball off the tee but around the green they are superb.

I am reminded of one of mates who swears by ProV1s simply because they last so long he gets my cast offs after 2 (occasionally 3 ) rounds because I have scuffed them.

I always tell him balls last so long for him because he does not hit them hard enough.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a bit of a curve to my game and the lower spin of the AVX seems to help me.ignore all the hype though and try a sleeve of each ball in your price bracket to see what works best.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
When last out walking past a newly remodelled but not yet returfed area I spotted a ball…it was a Dunlop 65 (number 7) in excellent condition. I think that it had probably been buried for a while but brought to surface by the rains washing the earth. I know it’s not worth anything to a collector but to this ancient golfer it is a nice little reminder of my early days…and so a nice ’pick up’ - though as it‘s a ‘large’ ball so maybe 40 yrs old and so not right back to the very start. And I might just try hitting it…🤔
It'll probably be the old small ball 1.62 and go for miles but illegal, new ones are 1.68.(y)

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got Bridgestone E12's in the bag at the moment. Fancied a change from Supersofts and the e12's were the right price point. I tried one I'd found and quite liked it, so bought a batch.

Have to admit that part of the reason for going Bridgestone was that they all come with the first of my initials pre-printed on them. Saves loads of time when marking them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
Time of the year for me to get going with the 2023 ProV1 now, as it usually takes a couple of months to get dialled in from the previous years model. Leave it too late and it can by July before you have your wedges talking. This years is supposed to be quite a jump, so still toying with the idea of moving to the AVX. I know I am going to have to make that jump one of these days, but have been putting it off, fearing it could take a full season to get to grips with it. So thinking one more year gaming ProV1. Left dash just swallow dives on me, and just never got on with the ProV1x. Probably a launch angle thing like for so many.

How are you getting on with dialing in your gamer?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
TaylorMade Tour Response.

Used it all last year, I’m not a feel savant but it’s great from all clubs and receptive enough at my level. got me down to 10.4 too so not complaining.

bought based on price originally and mygolfspy reviews.
Same same for me. Recommend highly.

D

Deleted member 1147

I bought 3 dozen Pro v's, at the end of last summer, which I haven't yet used.
I hope they work well, fly straight, true and consistent. none of this stalling of which i read!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It'll probably be the old small ball 1.62 and go for miles but illegal, new ones are 1.68.(y)

Dunlop 65 have been around for absolutely years in various incarnations.

If it has been buried for years and is in excellent condition it is probably one of the newer Surlyn covered versions (1.68). The original 1.62 was a Balata covered wound ball and the cover would certainly be showing it's age.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive still got 5 boxes of the older prov1x ( the model prior to the switch), I'll be using them up this season, but then I might try Bridgestone again. Had a few finds from last year and used them on nice days.