Balls leaking colour

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Opened a sleeve of Callaway chrome soft (yellow) last week and noticed after just half a dozen holes that my glove was getting stained yellow (so this happened just from handling the ball on the tee box) and putting it side by side with one I hadn't hit yet it was definitely paler/duller

I know I've had the sleeve for a couple of years but not an age by any means. Was there ever an issue with an older version of these or just due to my poor storage of them? They still seem to play fine so I guess I'll use them till I lose them, but just curious if anyone else has seen this

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No just regular ones

I suppose it could be the humidity but it occurred to me that it could also be from a recently treated green

Green chemicals very common - never heard of a ball leaking colour. I would say its clearly green treatment. Take out white balls and see what happens

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Green chemicals very common - never heard of a ball leaking colour. I would say its clearly green treatment. Take out white balls and see what happens
I'd say this is the most likely scenario.

I've had it happen a few times on practice greens where my balls have started off white only to get stained a greenish turquoise hue, as had the cups and aubsequently my hands... not yellow though...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went up for a game this morning and spoke to the head green guys
No chemicals used this week so it wasn't that
I'm going to put it down to deteriation due to humidity

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went up for a game this morning and spoke to the head green guys
No chemicals used this week so it wasn't that
I'm going to put it down to deteriation due to humidity

You said they were lying around for a few years unplayed.....out of interest, other than the discoloring did they seem to play OK?